The Waves of you

I lay down on Bri's blanket

I lay down on Bri's blanket. The pink one. Her favorite.  Right where she loved to be. In front of the ocean on the warm sand.

People have said that when loved ones die life gets hard, but then it gets better. People go through the stages of grief then they move on. I've been trying to move on, for her. She wouldn't want me sobbing myself to sleep every night or never going out, or not hanging out with friends anymore. She wouldn't want any of this for me.
But I do it anyways.

Life got a lot harder after she passed a couple of months ago. Her funeral being the hardest. Everyone was there. I felt like I couldn't breath. I felt like I was being suffocated. I couldn't stay. I was weak and let her down. I left early. I couldn't bare to stay in that sad building any longer. Rona had followed me out and she sat in the grass with me while the funeral was going on. Bri's father even showed up. He was actually being a good dad for a while there. He even helped me cover the cost of her medical bills and funeral bills too.

Rona had come back from her job in Paris working as a fashion designer to be there for Bri. She also took off a lot of time from work to help me with everything after Bri's passing.

My own mother even helped some. She helped me clean out the house Bri and I had together. The house was to big and reminded me to much of what I lost. Of what I could never have again. My mom also helped me find a new apartment to live in. That's the one good thing about having a mom who's husband passed away. She knew how to deal with it. Unlike me.

Even with all these people. I still felt alone. More alone then I ever have.

I look out pass the sand and the sea, pass the clouds and the sun. To the stars, where she is.

"Bri." I sob. "I miss you. I really need you right now. I don't know what to do with my life anymore. I have this big art gallery opening up in a couple of days, but I don't even feel like going to it. I just can't. I can't do anything anymore. I need you Briella. Please tell me what to do. Just give me a sign that your okay. Please."

That's when I see it. A dolphin.

I remember the time when Bri told me that if she ever passed, to find her in the ocean, as a dolphin.

I take a deep breath. Briella's okay. She's okay.

And I suppose since she's okay, maybe I can be okay too. At least in the near future.

Even though our story wasn't a big one, we weren't queens and kings, we didn't fight a huge battle, we didn't cross over mountains, take down villains, we weren't famous, we didn't kill big snakes, or save the world, it was still our story. One that I vow to remember for the rest of my life. Our story was a simple one, but I knew that just because it was simple, doesn't mean it wasn't glorious.

I love you Bri, til the ocean dries up, and the stars no longer shine.

I'll meet you in the stars

-Anten (The Beach boy)

| <3 |

Thank you for reading.

-Sydney (A simple story goes along way)