Pink Tulips

"The water and the breeze feels like home"

"How dare you! How can you come home and decide this is what you want? You're pathetic." A screaming voice came from the kitchen. Why was my life like this? Why was there so much madness and yelling, oh all the yelling makes my ears bleed. My parents and my family were in the kitchen, fighting yet again.

Tears streamed down my face. Why? Why? Why? Why me?

"I'm pathetic?! I'm not the one who slept with another man when I have a partner and a kid at home!! No, you're the pathetic one. Thinking that after everything you've done, I would even think for a moment to stay a second longer. I'll send you the divorce papers. Goodbye, you pathetic piece of shit." I heard a door slam shut from my place by the staircase.

I heard some steps coming into the living room. Tears were still streaming down my face. My mom saw me crying and instead of comforting me, she yelled, "What do you think you're doing down here? Eavesdropping are we? Go back to your room you little shit." She pointed up the stairs where my room was located. I ran up the stairs crying even harder than before. "Stop your whining, it's embarrassing for me. 9 year-olds don't cry." She yelled after I had shut my door.

"I don't wanna be here anymore." I cried. I looked up to the ceiling. "Why me? Why am I the one that has to go through this? Why couldn't it be someone else, someone stronger?" I continued to cry before my mom barged in my room.

"Will you stop crying! It's giving me a headache. You know your dad left us because of you! Now go to bed and stop crying!" The only person that I thought would never hurt me, hurt me with only a sentence.  "I will never love you again."

My eyes felt heavy, they felt like they were sewn together, never to see the light of day again. I was still trapped, in my mind, in my body, in this stupid life.

When I finally did open my eyes I was blinded by the sun's rays beaming into my living room. I sat up slowly, still tired from not getting any sleep last night. When all my memories came back to me I smiled at myself. The smile quickly disappeared when I found beachboy, no Anten was no longer on the couch. I looked around for a minute but to no avail. He must have left when we woke up this morning, or maybe he left last night after you fell asleep. Of course, he wouldn't stay the night, not in a stranger's house anyways.

I got up and looked around once more, continuing on the mess that was made. It wasn't that much of a mess which made me happy considering I am not a fan of cleaning. As I was looking around I saw a note, Anten must have left it for me. I made my way over to the table and opened the napkin with a sharpie on it. It read,