You

"It's you and I

"It's you and I."

It's getting worse. Everyday. Briella's laying down in her bed.

She's been like this all day.

She got so bad that the doctors had to put her on an oxygen tank. She can't even breathe by herself anymore. I can tell she's hurting. I can tell she's running out of strength to fight. I know she's holding on, and I can only hope she'll be okay. That a miracle might happen and she'll make it.

Deep down, I know that's not possible.

Deep down, I know she might not make it, but she's still alive, so there's still a chance. There has to be. She's all I have. We've been through too much together.

The doctor came in not a minute later with the results of the scan Bri had gotten done days ago. He didn't look happy. "Mr.Rodgen, could I please talk with you outside?" I look over at Briella and see that she's asleep. I nod my head and follow him outside. The doctor signs and looks at me with sorrow in his eyes. "I'm sorry to say, but she's not getting any better. The medicine isn't working like it should. I don't think she will make it much longer. I'm so sorry we can't do more. You should probably say your goodbyes." My heart, my whole world is shattered. Everything and everyone disappears, and all I see is Briella, and the world I'd be living without her. I don't think I could bare it.

My stomach dropped when the realization of what's happening came to mind. I am going to lose the only person I have ever loved. I am going to lose my heart, my soul, my person. "I'm sorry." the doctor says to me, but he's not sorry. No one is ever really sorry. I look up and feel tears falling down my face. I can't go in there crying or else she's know. The doctor leaves to go see another patient as I make my way towards the nearest restroom. I sit and cry to myself. If only there was a chance. Hope. Anything.

Then relaxation came to me. Bri. She shouldn't be alone. She should never have to feel alone again. I scoop up all my strength and head back towards her room. I open the door and see her.
Briella is sitting up. I stop in my tracks. She looks up at me, but she isn't crying, she gives me a smile, a sad one. "I know what's happening to me. I know I'm not gonna make it." Tears fall down her face, but she quickly wiped them away.

She's trying to be strong. For me. She shouldn't be. It should be me being strong for her. She has been tough for to long, she deserves to let her emotions show. I move towards her bed and kiss her forehead. I rest my forehead against hers. "You don't need to be strong for me Bri. Don't bottle up your feelings. I want you to feel at peace okay?" I whisper. Bri just nods but I know she heard me because she begins to cry.

I lay next to her and hold her while she cry's. I don't say anything to do anything. I just hold her. My Bri... is dying.

| <3 |

Thank you for reading.

-Sydney (A simple story goes along way)