Drawing for you

"Drawings help me explain my emotions when words fail me"

Waking up the next day, everything from yesterday had felt like a dream. After our kiss in the ocean, both Bri and I got out and dried ourselves off while I took her home. I then went home myself and paced my room for about an hour about how getting involved with Bri was a bad idea.

I couldn't come up with anything other than getting my heart crushed in the aftermath. I haven't yet decided if it was worth it or not. After my pacing, I finally went to bed. "Anten get your scrawny ass up!" Ace yelled from downstairs. I swear he acts like the mom out of the three of us. Somedays I think he takes this mom thing a little too seriously. I swear sometimes he gets scarier than my actual mom, not like she was any scary though. "Why are you yelling at 6 in the morning dumbass!" Harton shoots from his room down the hall.

"Do you talk to your mother with that mouth?!" Ace yells from downstairs. I chuckled at his stupidity, well at both of theirs. "Will you two stop bickering like a married couple please!" I yell. That shuts both of them up. Harton and Ace bicker more than any married couple I've seen. Getting up I look at the time to see it's 6:35 am, so Harton wasn't lying. I have trust issues because of him. I would get into detail, but that would take hours, and as Harton said, it's too early. I get ready before heading downstairs for some cereal. Walking into the kitchen I see Ace muttering angrily o himself. He turns towards me once I enter the kitchen. "Finally! I've been calling you for 20 minutes and when you didn't answer I had to resort to yelling." Ace argued.

I looked down at my phone to see 14 missed calls from Harton, all from 30 minutes ago. "Actually you've been calling me for 30 minutes, not 20." I tease and walk into the kitchen for some cereal. Ace just sticks both his middle fingers up from behind me, which I could see cause the fridge has a mirror on it. "I saw that," I say before turning around to grab myself a bowl. Ace scoffs and walks away into the living room. I hear the tv come on and hear he's watching 'The Real Housewives. I shake my head laughing. Somedays I think he's gay. He actually might be. I hear footsteps coming down the stairs and I don't have to turn around to know it's Harton, not only is he the only other person in this house, but he also came in muttering curse words. "I'm guessing you woke up on the wrong side of the bed?" I ask, knowing it's gonna make him even more irritated.

"Ha ha ha, very funny, we all know I was woken up, because little miss mom figure in there, decided to wake the whole neighborhood up with his yelling," Harton says annoyed. That reminded me. "Hey, Ace why did you wake me up so early?" I ask, walking into the living room. "Well, Briella was here earlier and asked that when you do wake up call her. I asked her if I should get you, but she said not to worry about it, but I thought you might get upset with me if I didn't wake you up." Ace retaliates, being dramatic as always. "Okay then. Thank you." I say and walk away, but not before hearing Ace being to lecture Harton on manners.

    Walking up to my room I call Bri. She answers imminently. "Hey!" She exclaims. "Hi," I respond. "So what did you want to talk to me about?" I ask. She laughs a little. "Why? Do I always have to have a reason to talk to you?" She asks. "No, you don't." I laugh. "Acelen always makes things more dramatic than they actually are. He told me what you said this morning like you were in trouble." I say and Bri laughs along with me. "Of course he did." Bri giggles. "So you doing anything today?" She asks. "Yeah, I'm actually working on one of my drawings that I am planning on entering into an art gallery," I say which makes Bri gasp. "Oh my gosh! That's amazing Ant! I wanna see it when you're done!" She says. I nod my head, but then remember she can't see me, "yeah you could actually come over today, and not only will you be able to see it finished, but you will also be able to watch the master at work." I say, but then internally slap myself at what I just said. Why? Just why does my brain think that's a good thing to say to the girl I just kissed last night? "Yeah, I'd love to!" She exclaims. We talk for a bit before hanging up.

    I walked up the stairs to my room and then to my desk. I began cleaning my desk to make room for my art. It was a 16x18 canvas and it was all done in pen. It's a very special drawing. One that I am very proud to call my best work. I finished cleaning off my desk and placed the canvas down. I grabbed some of my best, but most expensive pens and began working. So far this drawing has taken me an entire week. I work on it all day unless I'm with Bri. I've almost finished it too, it should only take me another day if I don't have any plans. "Hey, Anten!" Someone from downstairs yells. It kind of sounds like Bri, but it can't be "Hey!" Bri says as she walks into my room, I jerk in surprise and quickly hide my artwork making it fall face first. I cringe. I'm gonna regret that later.

I turn around to see Bri has her eyebrows up in confusion. "Hey." I give her a small smile and wave awkwardly. Because this is kind of awkward. She just smiles and shakes her head. "Hey, what are you doing?" She smiles and moves to sit on my bed. A small smile makes its way to my face. "Well, I was working on a drawing," I say and Briella's smile vanishes. "Oh, sorry, I guess I should've called, I just thought it would be a fun surprise. Apparently not." She shrugs which makes me laugh. "What?" She asks, "Nothing, it's just, you're cute when you shrug." She laughs. I turn around in my seat and grab another piece of paper, and a pen. Briella looks over my shoulder and watches me work.

"What are you planning on drawing this time?" She asks and I think for a moment. What's something that I feel like drawing? Maybe a tree? Or the ocean? I might just free-draw. I shrug at her question. "I'm just gonna free draw," I say and begin working. Once I'm finished with my quick draw Briella gasps which make me turn around in panic. "What's wrong?" I panicked, "Nothing, it's just that your drawing is so beautiful. How are you so good!? I wish I could draw like that!" Briella complains. I laugh. 'You know I could teach you if you would like?" I suggest, now that makes Bri laugh. "Oh please, me? Drawing? Those two do not go together." She says which makes me frown. "When was the last time you tried drawing?" I ask. She thinks for a moment before shrugging. "A while." She tells me. A while huh? "Then you obviously haven't tried hard enough, and this time I know you'll succeed because you have me," I say and turn back around. 'Don't get too cocky." She says and laughs. I stand up and let Briella sit down in my chair. "It's quite easy, you just have to move the pen around," I say and Bri glares at me. "It's harder than that, you actually have to know what you want to draw."

Well, she may be right, but she forgot something. "Drawing isn't just about drawing things you like, you don't actually have to have something in mind to draw. Like a minute ago when I did that quick draw, I actually had no idea what I was gonna do, I just moved the pen around." I said and I wrapped my hand around Bri's who was still holding the pen. I gently guide her hand around the paper until she begins to do it herself. "Wow, this is actually fun," I smirk. She's so cute when she's proud of herself. "I'm proud of you, and what did I tell you? I am the best teacher." I tease, but instead of getting a laugh, I get a slap on the arm. "Hey, what was that for?" I complain. Bri gives me a knowing look. "For being cocky. " she teases and turns back around. "What are you doing now?" I ask and look over to see Briella looking down. "Done." She says and holds up the drawing. My eyes go wide. "Woah," I say, even though what she drew was 10x more deserving than a Woah. "Isn't it amazing?" she says.

It's better than amazing.

"It's a drawing of you and me the night we first kissed." She says.

"It's better than amazing, it's perfect."

| <3 |

Thank you for reading

- Sydney (a small story, goes a long way)