Hello Again

"Why do we hurt one another? We all go through pain, so why make it worse?"

"What are you even doing?" Harton asked Acelen who was trying to cook eggs but ended up burning them instead.

"Well, I was trying to cook eggs, but they look more like coal now," Acelen spoke holding up the pan and bringing it towards the trash can to dump them out.

"You're done," Harton told him. He grabbed the pan out of Acelen's hands and placed it in the sink for me to wash later. Ace stuck his middle finger up and looked toward me.

"Whatcha drawing there Anty?" Ace said. I have no clue where he came up with that ridiculously stupid nickname for me. For anything, I am nothing like an ant except strong.

Ace looked down at my notebook where I was drawing the ocean with the girl from yesterday sitting on a blanket watching.

"Is that the girl from yesterday we saw sitting on the beach?" Ace pointed towards the drawing where the girl was sitting. I glared at him and moved my notebook from his vision. Placing it in my arms I moved to go upstairs as Ace blocked my path.

"You like her don't you!" He said happily. His grin was wider than I've ever seen it. Meaning he was excited to tease me.

He's not actually happy about the fact that I found someone that's not utterly unbearable to be around. He's happy about the fact that he knows I find her company not utterly unbearable and is more than ready to tease me all about it.

"No, I don't. I haven't liked anybody since her. I just find that she's not unbearable to be around."
I said glaring at Ace as his smile somehow went even wider. "Glad you finally over her Anty, so when are you hanging out with this girl by the ocean?" He patted me on the back bringing me closer. I glared at him.
"Like you care." I snared. "Okay, I get it, being protective and shit. You do you, dude." Ace put his hands up in surrender as he backed away.
"Just leave, don't you have to watch Harton?" I asked. Harton is always getting into trouble, so both Ace and I have to watch him 24/7, or else he could make stupid life decisions.
"Yeah, I suppose I do" Ace nodded and left me to my thoughts once more.

My thoughts aren't the best place to be, but it's all I have to not feel pain.

The pain that was caused not by me, but by her.

I've always had this question, in the back of my mind waiting to be answered but never being asked.

Why do we hurt one another, we all go through the same pain, so why make it worse?

Why do we hurt one another? When do we hate to be hurt? Its a question that I know will always be unanswered

| <3 |