Dear Mother

"I don't think things could ever be okay

"I don't think things could ever be okay."

Sometimes I wish people would try harder.

I'm reading my book when my mother comes downstairs wobbling on her feet. She's drunk again. Always. Somedays I wish she would take a breal from her regular routine, and maybe even sit down and talk to me once in a while, but as always she keeps wobbling and almost reaches the door before I interupt her. "Mother, could you not go out today. Maybe just take a break please." I beg. I normally don't talk to her or if I do she ignores me, which is what I thought she was going to do, but inteas she stops dead in her tracks and turns around towards where I'm sitting. "What?" My head spins around as I see she's staring at my confused.

I didn't even think she heard me. I look around the room to make sure I am seeing things correctly. "Well I just thought that since you've been doing the same things like all your life, you might want to sit down for once. Take a break." I repeat. My mother just stares. Then she sighs and takes her coat off. "Do you want to pay the bills?" She questions me. I stare at her even more confused. "What?" She looks me dead in the eye, "Do you pay the bills? No? Didn't think so, so don't tell me what I can and can't do." My mother tells me, she puts her coat back on and leaves. I'm sitting there speechless. My mother actually talked to me? I shurg. Doesn't matter if she yells at me or if she ignores me. It's all the same.

My mother has never been nice to me, and even though it's been 8 years, she won't start now. 

I keep reading my book.

| <3 |

I begin to cry when I get to the sad part.

I'm on the last page and couple has already gotten married and started a family. I love books that have happy endings, espcially ones where we get to know their future. Those are my favorite. I wipe my tears and look at the clock to see it's 3 in the morning. Normally my mom would be here by then. I furrow my brows and look at my phone. Well the clocks not broken, maybe shes just got caught up in something. I close my book and get up from the couch to get ready to go to bed, thats when I get a call. At first I thought it might be Anten, so I grab my phone to look at the caller id, to see it was an unkown number. I answerd it anyways. "Hello?" I question.

"Hi is this Briella Park?" A guy from the other side of the line asked me. My brain immidently goes to something bad had happen. Maybe Ronny got pulled over and I was the only person she could call. That actually sounds like something she would do. "Yeah this is she. Who's this might I ask?" I question back. "This is officer Erin, I'm afriad your mother got into a car accidnet. She's being brought to the hostpital right now-" I couldn't register anything he was saying. My mom got into a car accident? We don't even have a car.

How is that possible. "I'm sorry to interupt, but my mom doesn't have a car, so how could she have gotten into a car accident?" My whole body is shaking, and I can't seem to steady my voice. "I'm afraid she was walking when a car came and crashed whiel she was crossing the street. We don't know if she will make it, so I do suggest you go to the hostpital as soon as possible." I don't care to listen to this anymore. I say okay and hang up as quickly as possible. I still don't understand.