Ocean

"I know she's going to love it"

"He's perfect."

*One Year Later*

It was 12:30 in the afternoon, and I was sitting on the couch, but this time, I wasn't alone. Ronny had come over and we sat together watching "Friends'' all afternoon.

It's been exactly a year that Anten and I have been together. School has gotten easier, I've made some new friends, but Ronny will always be my best friend.

I have decided to major in English, and so far it's been pretty good.  "I can't believe you two have been together an entire year?! I can't even make it 6 months into a relationship. What are you guys doing tonight?" Ronny asked as she got up to go make us more popcorn. "Umm I don't actually know. We'll probably go to dinner or something." I say. I lean back, taking up the rest of the space on the couch. Ronny gives me a look as I shoo her away to get more popcorn. She turns around quickly. "Wait, he hasn't asked you to do anything? Did he even wish you a happy anniversary?!" Ronny looks outraged right now.

"Calm down Ronny, he probably just forgot, besides I don't judge someone based on their memory. That stuff doesn't matter to me." Ronny just stares at me with a straight face, an angry one. "Okay?" I ask, making sure she's not gonna blow up at Anten when he gets home. Ronny just huffs and walks away. Ronny comes into the kitchen looking confused and a little startled. "What's the sound?" That's when I hear it too. "It sounds like a... cat?" I say as I slowly get up from the couch. Ronny follows me as I leave the room and walk near the front door. Opening the door I see Anten, and.. a cat? "Anten, where did you get that cat?" I uttered quietly.

He just shrugged. "Happy one year Bri." He says as he allows me to take the cat from him. "I love him! Thank you Anten." I say happily. Anten's smile grows. "I hope you don't mind, I already named him." he shrugs. I let him inside as I held the cat close to me. "What is it?" I ask. Ronny sees what I'm holding and comes to grab the cat from me. "He's so cuteeee!" She whispers and yells in excitement.

It's a gray cat with white stripes going down its back. My dream pet. "Well I know how much the ocean means to you, so let me introduce you to Ocean Rodgen Park."  I stood there in utter disbelief. "Ocean Rodgen Park? You gave him our last names?." I already know I have the biggest smile on my face. Anten gives me a shy smile. "I thought we could take care of him together, and that he would be ours." That makes my already big smile grow.

"He's perfect."

| <3 |

Thank you for reading.

-Sydney (A simple story goes a long way."