Ride to Nowhere

"You may go through a dark tunnel, but there will always be light on the other side

"You may go through a dark tunnel, but there will always be light on the other side."

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Coming!" I yell as I race down the stairs to answer the door. There could only be two possibilities. One would be Ronella, and the other would be "Anten. Hey." I say as I answer the door. Anten stands there at the other side of the door not saying anything for a moment, then he seems to catch himself in thought and looks up at me, "Hey." He smiles back. "What's up?" I question.

That makes him smile even more as he seems to remember why he was at my door in the first place. "I want to take you for a ride. A drive." He says, which confuses me. A drive? To where? "Where would we be going?" I ask. I look him over, he's wearing jeans with... A green baggy shirt that says 'Laguna Beach California'. Hypocrite. He must have seen what I was looking at because he grabs the hem of the shirt while laughing to himself. "Yeah, I know. I just had to get one." I look back up at him, with that smile that could light up worlds.

It makes me think, why am I the one that gets to see it? There are so many more people in the world that deserve a guy like him, so why am I the one that gets him? "What are you staring at?" Anten ask which pulls me out of my thoughts. "Nothing. Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go too?" I trail off hoping Anten can finish the rest as to where we're going. "Nowhere." He finished and pulls me towards his car. "Wait so we're going nowhere?" I question once again confused by what he means. He stops us right in front of his car. "You said you wanted to go everywhere and the opposite of everywhere is nowhere. So we don't have to have a destination, yet we can still go everywhere and nowhere at once." He finishes and pulls open the passenger-side door for me. Wow, what a gentleman he is. "Such a gentleman you are." I tease. Holding my hand to my chest. His being a gentleman surprises me. It doesn't, not really. He scoffs and closes the door once I'm inside. I laugh to myself as he opens his side of the car and hops in. Turning the car on he begins to drive to nowhere. "So where do we go first?" I ask. I am still really confused about how this is going to work. Do we choose different places we want to visit or do we just go, and find places on the way? "Have you ever heard of the driving game?" Anten ask as he turns onto another street. "No," I responded. The driving game sounds weird. How would you even play, I mean Anten is already driving so. "My grandfather taught me this game. Basically, we take turns choosing which direction to go. I choose our last turn, so now it's your turn. Left or right?" He asks turning to look at me. "Left." I blurt out, not really knowing what I was saying. "Okay then." He trunks left and at the next stop, he goes right. Then the next, and the next, until we've reached a playground. There was hardly anyone there, so we won't look like kidnappers if we were to walk around. I mean what would two college kids be doing on a playground at this time of day? It was almost 9 in the morning, which explains why no one, but a couple of people walking, were on the playground. Anten puts the car in park and hops out. Opening the door for me he pulls me out and begins his walk to the gate of the playground. "Let's go, darling." He gestures towards the playground behind him. I tilt my head with a smile on my face. "Darling? Where did that come from?" I question.