Epilogue

It's been a total of a year without Bri

It's been a total of a year without Bri. I'm not going to say it's okay, it's been hard. Probably the worst year of my life, but I made it. For her. Anything for her.

I'm in the car, holding her dolphin stuffed animal. I take one last deep breath before going inside. It's the art museum. The first arg gallery I ever had is in this very museum, but it was filled with painting and drawing of the ocean. Just like all the other gallery's I've had this year. All the same, but this one. This one was different. This day one year ago, was when I lost her. Instead of sobbing in my room alone, I decided to celebrate the life she had by doing something special.

Walking around the art museum, I spotted it. The love of my life. The one person I will ever need. I spot the drawing of her I made.

"Hey, you're that guy that made that song on youtube?" I turn around to see a little boy, probably 12 or 13 years old. "Yeah that's me."
I smile.

After Bri had died, I finished up a lot of things. I had been cleaning up my room in the apartment my mom helped me buy when I saw the notebook full of lyric ideas for our song. I didn't like any of lyrics, so I decided to make the song without words. That way people can choose their own lyrics, whether it be the story of them, or just a fun tune to listen too, It was theirs for the making. After I posted it, the video went viral with the song playing on even the radio. People asked me for interviews and to talk, but so declined them all. I didn't post the song to become some famous super star. I did it for her.

"That's a cool song. I especially like the title. The waves of you. It's very creative." The little boy says to me. "Thank you." He smiles. "So what's it about?" I look over at my drawing and touch the bottom, feeling the gold frame, and the way the dried paint feeling.

"It's about her." I say. The little boy looks confused and then turns to admire the painting. "Briella? Whos that? She looks really pretty." He says. I look back at him. "She's my person. She's my everything." I see the little boy looking at me. "I hope I can find someone that's my everything one day." He says. I smile at that. "You'll find your person. Everyone deserves a person." The little boy smiles at me, waves, and then walks away. I look back at my painting. "Thank you. For being my person, my love." Then I walk away. Away from this building and back to my car. That's when I receive a call. "Hello?" I ask. "Hey Anten, I wanted to ask if you're on your way?" It's Rona. She's launching yet  another line. I don't know the exact reason why she wanted me to be there, but she was there for me when I needed it, so I decided why not.

"Yeah I'm on my way right now." I hang up the call and begin my drive. Once there I enter the building and find myself a seat. The building beautiful. Briella would have loved it. The seats are all covered in this light pink fabric with cute blue boys on the back. The stage is all light up and covered with a fabric that looks oddly like the ocean, and the curtains are a light shade of blue.
That's when I see Rona come out from behind the curtain.

"Hello Ladies and Gentlemen, thank you all for coming, today I am launching a very important fashion line of mine. I have spent a lot of time on this line, and it's very important to me. About a year ago, my best friend passed away. She always told me to follow my dreams and to never give up on anything you love. She told me that things change, but life moves on, whether you want it to or not. Sure we had some fights and arguments and even sometimes we wouldn't talk to each other for a while, but she was always and still is, my best friend. I hope you all can love this line as I love the person it's made after. So I welcome my beach line. All the profits we make from this line goes to the wildlife center to help clean our oceans. This is for you Bri." Rona finishes her speech and takes a bow before walking off.

I smile at her designs. They are all such Bri things to wear. There's even an outfit with a cat on it. I laugh a little.

Bri wasn't just a wave for me, she was my whole ocean. She was apart of me. She was everything and more.

She was my ocean.

| <3 |

Thank you for reading.

-Sydney (A simple story goes along way)