Music's in the Air

"Music is another way of expression, another way of telling a story"

"Oh, My God!"

That was the loudest squeal I have ever heard from her before.

"That might be a world record, Ronny," I say from my spot on the couch, watching Ronny pace back and forth like she trying to figure out what our next move will be in a game of chess.

We aren't exactly playing chess.

"You and Anten are literal soulmates I know it!" Ronny says. She spots pacing and looks at me with something I can't point out. I cannot believe you are actually putting yourself out there again! That's amazing!" Ronny squeals once more and jumps onto the couch right next to me. When I was younger dating for me was a lot harder. At least in High school, it was. Making friends, however, was 10x harder.

My dad had left when I was 9 and my mom spiraled out of control soon after. I didn't have anyone to take me to parties or birthdays, or over to my friend's house. A lot of the parents didn't actually want their kids to be friends with me, because of my mom. So I lost all my friends. The parents always say she was a bad influence on me, and I would be a bad influence on their kids. That wasn't true. My mom wasn't home enough for her to be a bad influence on me, but they didn't know that, and they never will.

I never really talked about my home life with anyone except Ronny. Her parents didn't really care that people were saying I was a bad influence, they didn't believe a 10-year-old could be one.

So Ronny and I hung out a lot during our years in elementary, middle school was different though, Ronny, of course, had made new friends and would hang out with them all the time, of course, she did invite me, but I didn't have anyone to take me, so I sat out.

High school wasn't any different. My mom didn't want to buy me a car cause we had spent all of our money on wine, and take-out. The wine was hers, the take-out was also hers. That's how I learned to cook. I had to learn so I didn't starve.

So in conclusion, I never dated, or had any friends for that matter.

"Did you hear me Bri?! You too are totally soulmates, I know that for a fact!" She totally doesn't know that for a fact, cause were not soulmates. I don't even think he would like me as a girlfriend that much anyways, besides he even told me he doesn't date that much anymore. What makes her think I'll be the expectation? This isn't a book.

"Ronny, I love you, but I told you this before, Anten doesn't date anymore, and I'm okay with that because I don't think he would even want to date me. I don't even have a car for goodness sake!" I say frustrated that even after everything, I still don't have a car.