Back Here Again

"It's never too late to do what you want to

"It's never too late to do what you want to."

I'm sitting down at my desk thinking. Thinking about what, I do not know. "Hey Bri, what are you doing?" Anten comes into my room and stands over me. I was supposed to write some paper for class, but nothing comes to mind. My mom always thought I was meant for journaling so in honor of her that's what I choose to major in. Regret is happening. Anten signs as he sees that I'm just sitting there. "Bri, I don't know about you, but I don't think an English major was meant for you." he says and goes to sit on my bed. Ocean's there too, cuddling with some of my Marine animals. "It seems Ocean likes whales." Anten looks at Ocean then back at me. I laugh. "Yeah it seems he does, almost as much as me." That makes Anten perk up. "What?" I ask, puzzled by what he's doing. "Well you love the ocean right? What if you looked up jobs that resemble working in the ocean. Like a Marine Biologist. They get to learn all about the ocean, and the animals that live in it." Anten counties to talk about me being a Marine Biologist, but I already know that sounds exactly like me. I laugh. "Now it's my turn to ask what?" That makes me laugh more. "You're so cute." I tilt my head at him and give him a smile. That makes Anten smile even more. "Thank you darling. You are too." Anten says as he grabs one of Ocean's cat toys and plays around with it. "You know that actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. If only it wasn't too late." I signed. "Who says it's too late?" Anten questions. "Well life, and time, and the amount of money I've used for college." I replied. That just makes Anten shake his head. "It's never too late to go after what you want to do. It's your life Bri, go after it." I think about his words for a moment. Anten sits up and fixes his shirt. "Think about it darling, I know you'll know what to do." He says once more and exits the room. I suppose he's right. English is what my mom said for me to do, not what I really want to do. I've grown up by the ocean, it's practically been with me my whole life. Through every ups and downs. Through every heartbreak, and through every tear shed. Now I have Anten. Who has been there for me, when not even the ocean could be. I look out onto the endless waves and onto the horizon, where the sun comes up every morning, and goes down every night. I think I know what to do.

| <3 |

It's my first day back at college, except I am not sitting in a classroom working on papers, but out on a doc researching marine animals. I decided to take Anten's word for it, and chase what I love. The ocean and animals. I am deciding to major in Marine Biology. Being around the ocean is my favorite thing. I smile, happy with my choice. Knowing that I will never have to leave.

| <3 |

Thank you for reading.

-Sydney (A simple story goes a long way)