Into the Future

"No one's perfect"

"No one's perfect"

The first day of school is always the one day where you feel you need to do great, or to be perfect. I don't even know where any of that came from, the first day should be the day you make mistakes, the day you really learn about the school your going to be spending half you teenage life in. I don't even know where the idea of perfect even came from. No ones perfect.

I'm walking around the halls of the University of South Florida campus when I spot the one and only. "Late again?" I say as I walk up the Harton, whos rubbing his eyes while holding a cup of coffee. He just shrugs and begins to yawn. I shake my head and smile while looking at my shoes. I look back up to see Harton looking like he's sleeping standing up. This is why you should never party the night before the first day of school. Or have morning classes. God I hate morning classes. "This is why you need to stop partying til 3 am." I say and being to walk down the hall, Harton follows me. We both have the same class right now, and I know for certain he has no idea where to go. I side long him in his plaid pj pants and black shirt, as usual. "Couldn't even get dressed?" I tease. "Haha very funny, you know I can never fail to go to a party, and besides wearing nice clothes on the first day is overrated." He says as he looks at what I'm wearing. Its nothing I would call 'nice', just a regular shirt with a jacket, and jeans. I guess Harton doesn't have a very good image when it comes to nice clothing. "We both know you have no clue what nice clothes even look like." I retort and walk into the lecture hall. Harton and I have completely different majors, but this is the only class we share. While I'm majoring in Art, he's majoring in business.

I'm taking notes when I look over to see Harton is sleeping in class, once again. Don't even ask me how he got past High school or even how he has made it this far into college without getting kicked out. I don't know how the dumbass does it.

| <3 |

"Oh jezz I never wanna do that again." Harton says as he leans over the counter and closes his eyes. It was 10 am and we just got home from the class that started at 8 am. Seriously I don't know how this dude does it. "You know your gonna have to do it again tomorrow right?" I remind the sleeping Harton as he fake snores to drown out my voice, from reminding him of school. If he thinks I'm bad, just imagine if him and Acelen were in the same class. Or worse me and Acelen in the same class. I shiver at that thought, then laugh once I remind myself of Acelen at school. I swear he becomes the most stuck up person known to man kind. "Stop leaning over the counter like a snob." Acelen says as he walks into the house. "Remind me to never do 8 am classes again." Harton says as he gets up from the counter and walks away. "I'm going to bed, night asswholes." Harton says as he walks up the stairs to his room. Acelen signs and walks away to begin his after class cleaning routine. "Alright then looks like it's just me." I say and walk into the kitchen to make myself something to eat before Acelen comes in here and calls the kitchen closed for cleaning, again.

I go up to my room and begin working on my homework. It's nothing major, and it only takes me 35 minutes. Once I was done I grabbed my sketch book and began drawing the drawing of Bri and I under the stars. It was that time were we sat outside under the stars while the cupcakes Bri had been making almost burnt her house done. I laugh at that memory. I then rememberd that it was also Bri's first day of school as well. I quickly grab my phone and shoot her a text message.

Anten: Hey how was your first day of sophmore year in college?

I set my phone down thinking it might take her a bit to respond, but she texts back almost instantly.

Bri: It was okay, what about yours?

I sit there thinking. My day wasn't great, but it wasn't just okay.

Anten: It was okod

Bri: What does that mean?

Anten: Well my day wasn't good, but it was better then okay, so I put those two words together, and it made okod.

Bri: I like that word, okod. I guess I can say my day was okod as well.

I smile at my phone. "Whatcha smiling at?" Harton says as he walks into my room looking like he just ran 5 miles, which for him is a lot. "Why do you look like you just ran a marathon?" I question. Harton looks down at himself. "I just took a shower obviously. Also I just came in here to steal your face steamer." I look at him like he's crazy, cause I know for a fact I do not have a face steamer. "What the fuck are you talking about? I don't have a face steamer?" I question and see Harton looking at me confused until he realizes something. "OHH!" I jump at his scream of realization. "Okay, what?" I ask. "I just realized I'm in the wrong room. It's Acelen who has the face steamer."He says much more calmly then whatever the hell just happened. "Of course. Well you have fun getting Acelen to give you his most prized possession." Harton looks at me confused. "I thought his face massager was his most prized possession?" I looked at Harton dead in the eyes, "He has been lying to you." Harton looks at me like he's done with my shit. "Your not funny, besides I'll do what I always do, and just steal it. Now you didn't answer my question." Harton puts his hands on his hip and stares at me from under his floppy hair. "ACELEN! Harton is going to steal your face steamer!" I yell at Acelen who's most likely in the kictchen, hoping he heard me. Harton has a paniced expression as soon as I stopped snitvhing on him. "How dare you!" Harton angrily says as he tries and fails to tackle me. "HARTON DONT YOU DARE TOUCH MY FACE STEAMER." We hear Acelen yell from downstairs, then we hear stomping coming up the stiars. Harton turns to face me, "I am going to kill you." He says as he begins to run out of the room. "Not if Acelen kills you first!" I yell back at him. I put on my headphones to drown out the sounds of the lecture Harton's about to get about taking stuff. I turn around in my sit and smile to myself, and thats how you get rid of him. I look back at my phone to see Bri had sent me a message.

Bri: I guess you could say you made my day became an awmazing one.

I smile an even bigger smile.

Anten: I could say the same about my day as well.

I put my phone down and go back to my drawing, I've been working on it for weeks.

I know that Bri will never see this, because I think this artwork can just be for me.

I can finally have something for me.

| <3 |

Thank you for reading.

-Sydney (A simple story goes a long way)