{7 - The Maze}

--- "lets make a deal" ---

It was finally here, the sports day, like first year each year group goes through three different activities and slowly it will narrow down to the three top students of each year group.

First year was so exciting competing against my classmates I had just met and now in second year here we are again this time more well acquainted with each others quirks.

"What'd you think we'll be doing" Mina hummed walking beside me as we entered the large oval and stadium, "Ah~ im so excited" 

smiling over at her i released a nervous breath, "Who knows what they have instore for us" it wasn't long before all the different class 2's lined up in front of a stage where Midnight stood. 

it all felt so similar to first year, except this wasn't to be scouted for internships it was more for fun as Aizawa put it, was for us to see how we have changed since first year and if we wanted we could use this opportunity to change who we intern with.

"Now i shall present the first task of this years sport festival for the second years, now if you would all line along the edge of the oval" Following instructions we had all moved our backs now pressed against the wall the connected to the stands.

growing uncomfortable to the closeness of my classmates to me i hadn't noticed till now the people around me, Mina stood beside me on my left with a nervous expression and on my right standing there with a glare upon his face, Bakugo, who seemed to be getting more irritated by the second. 

Upon the screens of the stadium a clear image of Midnight stood a smirk on her face, "Alright everyone the first task, is~" the ground shifted slightly, a loud roar echoed as parts of the grass started lifting into tall walls, "It's a Maze, now there are plenty of different entrances which all eventually end at the on exit which is by me, obviously it wont be so easy to just get to the middle, we have a few surprises instore" 

"Oh also, the first 50 students make it to the center get to go to the next task" Slowly the sound of students talking got louder as we waited for the go ahead, "You may go~" Midnight smirked a final time before the stadium screens changed view. 

Without a care i begun sprinting towards an entrance in the maze, i didn't want to waste time trying to figure out which one had the best probability. 

my sprint turned into a job as i moved through occasionally having to turn around due to a dead end.

"Shit" i muttered turning around once again, looking up from my shoes there standing before me glaring was Bakugo, 'just ignore him' i repeated in my head as i was going to jog past. 

only stopping as my sports shirt was pulled back, making me land on my bottom,  "What the fuck Bakugo" i quickly turned to glare at him as his stood next to me. 

getting up i wiped my hands on my shorts, "What do you want" even if he apologized to me a couple days ago doesn't mean i'm gonna start being all buddy buddy, i don't like the guy he doesn't like me but we both know when we go too far. 

"lets make a deal" his face was neutral, he asking, for once. 

"ha, ha, why in the world would i want to make a deal with you" i muttered dryly as i started to walk away again. 

and once again he pulled my shirt again to make me stand in front of him, "Listen here Satou, you're the last fucking person i'd want to make a deal with but here we are" 

his glare made me feel on edge, "Fine what is it, give me all the details and i'll decide" i glared back. 

"we help each other this round and the next, cause i want to fucking fight you" 

"Eh? Bakugo how are sure there will even be a combat round again?" my glare broke as i made a face at his deal. 

"It will be, and when it is we are gonna fight, and i'm gonna fucking win" He was starting to get that crazed look in his eye, or is it his way of looking determined who knows really. 

snorting out a laugh i covered my mouth, " Yeah sure, whatever you say boom boom boy, its a deal, but if its not a combat round then what?" 

"Whoever wins this years festival win the deal, and we'll discuss more details later" 

"Fine whatever, lets just get to the end of this thing" i began jogging again this time Bakugo not to far a head. 

---------

It didn't take too long we eventually found it, his explosion helping out when we found ourselves in combat with various creatures in the maze, using my toxic vapor to knock out any attacks coming from the rear. 

"3rd to finish the Maze is Katsuki Bakugo followed by Y/n Satou in 4th" the announcer spoke.

"Who the fuck got first and second" Bakugo grumbled as he looked around, only stopping when i pointed towards Midoriya and Todoroki sitting down together.

Putting on a smile i joined the two boys, "Hey you two, how'd you find it?" 

It wasn't long before the rest of the 50 students finished, All of 2-A finished, most of 2-B and a few of the general study students, it had been fairly close to the outcome of first year. 

The first break between activities begun, sitting with Toshi in the 2-A break room that was allocated to our class for the festival. 

"How was the maze" Toshi spoke first eyeing me. 

a large sigh left me as i rolled my head back, "it was exhausting, Bakugo and i made a deal too, now im slightly regretting it" i muttered the last bit. 

Toshi just eyed me his brows furrowed slightly "you accepted a deal from that asshole" 

nodding i slouched in my chair, "i'm gonna get me ass handed to me aren't i" 

"Yep more or less" 

"Thanks Tosh so nice"