{31 - New Best Friend}

---"you could have just texted me". "i didn't think you would respond".---

The bright sun shone as it was slowly going down, yellow and orange hues painting the sky.

The blonde boy shielded his eyes as he opened the roof door, getting blind partially before adjusting to the bright warm sky.

His eyes drifted along the roof, from a messy unorganised green house and flower beds to the railing near by, where she stood.

The warm sun lighting up her skin, giving her a slight yellow glow, her elbow leaned on the railing keeping her head up as she leaned.

Bakugo let out a small sigh knowing this could be a rough conversation, knowing shit for middle school could come out or she'd shut down or vise versa.

Walking towards her his hands began to sweat a little the middle thoughts making him nervous.

Before he knew it her leaned against the railing beside her eyes drifting along the horizon, the city stood with the same yellow glow as her.

"You know you could have just texted me..." He spoke up first not really knowing what to say.

A short chuckle left her along with a sigh, "I didn't think you would answer" he would be lying if he said he didn't miss her voice, even if he mostly heard it in an argument.

"I would have" he spoke honestly, sure he might have put it off but he would have eventually answered after he got over the grudge, which had disappeared hours after their last argument.

She moved her arms gripping the railing and pushing herself away, "I'm sorry, I didn't appreciate you the way I should have" her eyes slowly met his a serious look on her face.

"You deserved the hug and the thank you and everything," she looked away blinking away tears that began to form, "I know we don't get alone but it's not an excuse to ignore your help" she finished looking down at the ground guilt eating at her brain.

Quickly without a thought he pulled her in, a tight hug, surprising the h/c haired girl, "you said I deserve a hug right" he muttered slightly embarrassed and not knowing what to say to her apology.

"I- thanks...you really could have just texted me this" he turned away from her after breaking the hug.

She chuckled slightly "and miss you being embarrassed I don't know this is pretty good" she smirked attempting to look at his flushed face.

"Shut up" he muttered pushing her away gently, "I accept your dumb apology" he finally calmed down looking at her once again.

The too stood eyes glued to each other each with varying yet similar expressions, her smile he had never had the pleasure of seeing directed at him and his own tiny smile she had yet to see ever.

"You know I think I'm beginning to like you, new best friend" she smirked moving away from him happily walking towards the roof door.

His head snapped towards her at her words a frown place on his face, "I'm not your best friend!" Her growled out following behind her.

"Yeah you are!" She called out as she quickly moved away from him towards the elevator quickly clicking the button to go down.

"No the fuck I'm not! Get back here!" He yelled out watching as she did a quick wave as the elevator closed.

To which he quickly ran towards the stairs running down them attempting to beat her down to the bottom floor which he was assuming she was heading to.

As he reached the bottom floor his eyes glanced towards the opening elevator watching as she happily walked out towards Mina and Kirishima.

"Hey guys have-"

"I told you to get back here!" He cut her off walking quickly towards her as she pushed Kirishima in front of her.

"Kiri go! Fight! " she commanded a large smile on her face as she pointed towards the blonde.

The red head looked between them a little confused, "aren't you meant to be apologising? Why is he so angry?" He slowly turn to hold onto the girl behind him.

She let out an evil snicker, "I called him my new best friend...I don't think he likes it" she teased eyeing the boy who glared at her, "come on....Kachan" her smirk widened watching as his glare grew deeper.

"Oh y/n now you're just asking to be murdered" Mina spoke up a hand over her mouth to surpress her laugh.

"Distract!" She yelled pushing Kirishima from her towards the blonde, "Seeya! Make sure he doesn't follow me!!" She yelled as she ran away once again.

"I'm assuming it went well then" Mina smiled happy to see her friend have her energy back, maybe even more happier then usual.

Bakugo let out a sigh before sitting down at the counter leaning on his palm, "it went ok"

"Mhm ok, right, whatever you say, fucking ok" Mina shrugged rolling her eyes, "you know it went well just say that"

He sent a glare to her instantly, "it went really well, is that what you want you little shit" he gritted his teeth not particularly wanting her to know how he was feeling.

Mina nodded satisfied with his response for now, "perfect now tell us what happened" she pushed

"Fuck no, go away raccoon eyes" he glared pushing her away.

"Fine fine! Have fun talking boys" she waved her hand a smirk on her face before leaving the room.