{9 - One on One}

---"Come on Satou! Come at me already!"---

Standing in the class stands Toshi and i watched as Midnight once again stood in the middle of the oval.

"Now finally our last competition, the one on one tournament, like first years you once again have a chance to prove yourselves by battling against each other quirks and all, each participant will have time before each of their matches to prepare themselves, Now the list of students and their beginning matches"

eyeing the large screen i found my name, "Im against Denki first" muttered to Toshi, "Sero" he replied before sitting down, "it'd be cool if you won Tosh" i mused a teasing smile playing on my lips. 

"What are you on about, i don't care if i win" Tosh rolled his eyes.

"Its not like you could" a dumb gruff voice spoke out behind us, turning i eyed the red eyed boy, "What its the truth Satou and its coming from someone who won remember dumbasses" 

His ego was getting too big soon it'll explode the planet, rolling my eyes, "well, dog, you didn't exactly win according to your standards, i remember you threw a fit" 

"What'd you call me?! Satou! i'm gonna beat your ass!" 

"will you shut up for one second, you're giving me a headache" i glared at him before turning around again. 

------

It was finally my turn to go against Denki, "Alright i'm up soon, wish me luck" i sent Toshi i soft smile before heading out of the stands and towards one of the preparation rooms. 

I sat in silence mentally giving myself a pep talk, i knew i could win this easily but the anxiety of people watching seemed to crawl its way into my mind, i knew Kaminari was far better with combat then i am but with my quick i just need him to breath it in and he'll pass out, it should be easy right...

"Y/n Satou! against Denki Kaminari!" Present Mic introduced us as we stood on the platform face each other. 

"I won't go easy on you Satou just cause we are friends" Denki gave a bright smile

"likewise Kami" i returned his smile as we both got into stances, well him more then me

"BEGIN!"

Clenching my hands i eyed Denki seeing if he'll attack first which seemed to be his own strategy as he too stood eyeing me

releasing a sigh, i placed my shirt collar over my mouth and nose, which made Denki eyes dart between my hands, "What's the matter Kami? Paranoid?" i muttered darting towards him, one of my hands facing behind me as it released the light green coloured toxin which soon caught up to us

Denki attempting to dash away from the gas cloud, but as i had hopped Denki had forgotten to hold his breath and soon collapsed onto the concrete, squatting down next to Denki i attempted to lift him up to move him out of the gas so he can go with the nurse robots to recover. 

"Y/n Satou wins!" 

------

entering the stands once again i had finished yet another round, this time winning again Tokoyami, "im so beat" i muttered, using my quirk was taking a toll, i was exhausted 

eyeing the screen it was now the semi final rounds, Midoriya versing Todoroki and myself versing Bakugou, letting out a sigh i frowned slouching into my chair. 

It was a long fight but Midoriya was victorious, With a sigh i stood up, "time to mentally prepare my death, Toshi you coming?" i held my hand towards him as he got up.