3

•°•

•°•

Asterin the next day stood in the kitchen with Frypan cooking for the gladers, she woke up and looked around to apologize but Minho was nowhere to be found nor in the glade, her hair was in a ponytail and she wore one of those sport bras W.C.K.D sent her the color brown, along with black pants, pair of black converse, and lastly an open flannel Newt gave her showing her perfect brown skin.

What? She didn't do it on purpose to show her stomach, it was a hot day and she's not going to close the flannel when the sun is burning the whole glade?

The gladers on the other hand always stared at her whenever she walks by and will try so hard to get a glimpse of her cooking in the kitchen, but no, Frypan and Newt are always scolding them and ordering then to take their food and get back to their jobs, Asterin smiled proudly to herself at the delicious omelet she secretly made for no other than Newt, "hey Fry, do you mind calling Newt for me, I'll take care of the dishes don't worry!" She peered over her shoulder at Frypan who smiled back at her before nodding.

Newt soon appeared with sweat running down his neck and heavy breaths escaped his lips, thanking Frypan she slowly made her way towards Newt who greeted her with the loveliest smile in his lips, he stood over the window watching as she cutted the vegetables skillfully, "where have you been?" asked Asterin the boy while gently placing the bacon on the plate along with sausages. "Sorry love, had plenty of work and had to finish it." Newt replied while scratching the back of his neck.

Asterin smiled softly at him, "to the point where you didn't eat breakfast, I don't think so?"  She said while placing the delicious food in front of him, Newt eyes lit up as he looked at Asterin, his mouth watering just by the smell, "Is this for me? Did I do something to deserve this delicious meal?" Newt asked the girl who chuckled softly while shaking her head, "yes, you did plenty, now go eat." Newt nodded without second thought and took the plate to the table.

Asterin grabbed a napkin wetting it and slowly made her way towards the table cleaning, Newt mouth was full of food as he closed his eyes savoring every single bite, it felt like he was in another world and not in the glade, the way the cheese melted in his mouth with each bite was so good that for a second he thought he might explode, "this. Is. so. bloody. Good." He said while smiling happily at the girl who only shook her head at the boy.

"You're welcome."

•°•

Alby called Asterin, why? Who knows?

There she was making her way towards him in confusion, everyone stared at her and it was really uncomfortable to the point where she had to cover her face with the flannel Newt gave her, "what are you doing?" Alby asked the girl who strolled towards him in a hurry, trying so hard to hide away from those eyes. "What? They won't stop staring at me?"

Alby looked at the gladers with a raised eyebrow before rolling his eyes at the girl, "whatever, alright everybody back to work and stop staring at her!" With that he walked away with Asterin following behind.

Alby always had a permanent scowl on his face ever since she arrived and Asterin didn't know if it was because of her, or he was like that before she got here, however, he always cared about the gladers and wanted to keep them safe, and that was why he was rather ignoring her since she broke one of the rules (but understood that she was afraid, especially when 50 or so guys are surrounding her) and that was why he called her to lecture about the rules, something a leader has to do.

"you know, you broke one of our rules?" Alby said, staring at the maze in front of him not even noticing the girl beside him roll her eyes, "well, I'm sorry, it's not my fault that I ran into that suffocating place because all of you were surrounding me like pigeons around a piece of bread." Alby could hear the sarcasm in her voice that was on the same level as Minho's (he will be proud) the leader slightly snickered before turning to look over at the girl who blinked in confusion, "what's so funny?" she asked with narrowed eyes and crossed arms in front of her chest, no one dared to use sarcasm on Alby except Minho (sometimes) and her not being afraid of him made him quite proud.

"that suffocating place is called the maze." Alby's voice lowered as he glared at the maze, watching as Minho and Ben came out running, "oh. So that is why I didn't find Minho...do they always go inside? and what was the screech I heard when I ran inside? and am I allowed to go back-" she asked Alby plenty of questions, one after one, and the last one specifically caught his attention, "no." he responded coldly, "you won't go inside." Asterin eyes slightly widened, "what? why?" she snapped back rather harshly, she wanted to know the answer, she didn't want to stay here forever and never go inside to find a way out of this hell hole. Alby rolled his eyes as he turned to look at the girl, slightly glaring, it didn't affect her, she didn't even blink matter of fact. "There are three rules in here, Never go outside the Glade, unless you are a Runner. Never hurt another Glader. You have to trust each other. Everyone does their part." he ordered harshly at the girl.

"First of all, what's a runner? Second of all, what's my job? you think I'm just gonna stay my whole life in that kitchen cooking or what?" Asterin snapped back at Alby watching as he let out a deep breath slightly annoyed, "you can ask Newt, end of discussion." with that he left, leaving her speechless, clenching her fist Asterin glared at the leader's back before storming out of the room and onto hers.

"Ugh! why do they think that I can't do anything because I'm a bloody girl! it's so annoying!" she murmured under her breath in anger and irritation. Huffing she threw herself on the bed punching the pillow.

"Already stealing Newt's words? Damn, you should try shuck, klunk, and shank more, it's fancy and has a good meaning too!" Minho spoke from behind the girl watching as she spins around and shoots a death glare.

"Fuck off."