19.

•°•

•°•

Standing in the doorway Asterin stared at Alby who was sitting on the bed staring at the ground with fear and sorrow writing all over his face, both Newt and Asterin crouched in front of the leader and stared at him in worry.

"Hey.. Alby are you alright?" She asked softly hoping he would at least nod or utter a 'yes', Alby only turned to look at her his eyes screamed 'help me' as a tear rolled down his cheek, Asterin sighed as she wrapped her arms around Alby who started crying in her shoulder.

Rubbing his back she pulled away slightly, "it's okay, we have good news, right Thomas?" She said gesturing for the boy to explain to the leader, Thomas nodded as he made his way over to Alby who was looking at him with dull eyes. "H-hey Alby.." stuttered the boy trying to explain what happened.

"I think we might have found a way out of the maze, you hear me? We could get out of here." A shaky breath escaped the leader's lips as he whispered, "we can't leave. They won't let us." Everyone surely heard it and Asterin's eyes turned to look at Minho who was dangerously close to Teresa, she frowned, trying to fight the jealousy creeping up her neck.

Who's they?

"What are you talking about?" Said Thomas in confusion, clearly not understanding Alby's words, "I remember.." he said with crossed arms and still staring at the ground, Thomas was still confused and everyone was trying so hard to understand his words, "what do you remember?"

The leader turned his head to look at the new runner looking him straight in the eyes, "you." Asterin raised her eyebrow 'I'm extremely confused.' She thought looking between the duo who were staring at each other, "you were always their favorite, Thomas." The sound of gladers talking and yelling snapped her out of thoughts as she got up from in front of him, "why did you do it? Why did you come here?" The chattering got louder as she made her way towards Fry who had a small reassuring smile on his lips.

"It's okay, I'm here girl." Smiling back at him trying to hide the panic in her dark brown eyes she brushed past Minho, she made her way out of the room staring at the people rushing around the glade weirdly, Winston suddenly appeared in front of the girl and Fry who stopped him, "hey what is going on?" She asked.

"The doors aren't closing." Replied Winston giving Frypan a look, her eyes widened as she looked towards the walls who indeed aren't closed, "shit!" She exclaimed making her way towards the walls following the others, both Newt and the girl stood beside each other as they stared at the walls in fear.

A sudden bang came from the back as the gladers yelled covering their ears, startled she turned to look behind, another wall was opening, the crows flying away at the sudden movement and this wasn't a good sign. Then another bang, and another wall opened, the 3rd.

And lastly the other walls and that was when she knew that they're trapped and in a matter of minutes, grievers will be attacking the glade. Every single wall that surrounded the glade was now opened with crows flying everywhere. Turning to look over to Chuck who clenched her arm she spoke softly trying not to stress the biy more than he already is.

"Chuck, honey, I need you to go to the counsel hall and I need you to bariccate the doors, Winston you go with him and KEEP an eye on him." She ordered Winston who nodded at her and started running with Chuck doing as told, she could hear Gally yelling at the others to go to the forest and hide. "Minho I need you to grab every weapon you can find, meet you at the counsil hall." Said Thomas from beside the girl who turned to look at Minho who was about to run.

"Minho! I'll come with you.." she said breathing heavily, Minho on the other hand shook his head at the girl, "No. No you're not. Stay with Thomas." His voice was ordering as she shook her head in disagreement, she couldn't leave him alone. "Yes, Don't tell me what to do-" she yelled at the boy who rolled his eyes in annoyance at how stubborn she was.

"No. I have Newt and Fry, so I'm not alone. Stay with Thomas, he'll keep you safe." Minho eyed the brown haired boy who nodded reassuringly at the runner, promising that he would keep her safe, with that he ran leaving a very angry Asterin who couldn't believe Minho, Thomas reached over to grab her but his eyes stopped at the sight of gladers running away and screaming in fear.

The whirring and clicking sounds of no other than grievers followed by a loud screech startled her as she stared at the maze in front of her, there was indeed the monster at the end of the corridor, "ALRIGHT EVERYBODY HIDE!" She yelled grabbing Thomas wrist and running away, the boy stopped her from moving and went back to Teresa who was frozen dead in her stop, ot only annoyed her more. "Why can't he just fucking leave her." She said watching as the griever got closer to them, "HURRY THE FUCK UP THOMAS!" She cried making her way towards the corn field, crouching on the ground she sat in silence glaring at Thomas.

Zart sat in front of her with fear in his eyes, she breathed heavily, her throat dry and not once did she drank water, that was when she notice the tentacle swinging in the air and coming straight to the boy who yelled in pain feeling the metal clench around his body, in a blink fo an eye she was reaching over to catch him but the griever was too strong as he lifted him in the air.

The bloody crying coming from everywhere around them was sickening and she felt her heart get heavy and could hear it beating in her ears, where are they? Where is Minho, Newt, Fry and Chick? Are they safe? The horror was clear as daylight as she gulped trying to fight the urge of yelping in fear whenever the sound of someone being dragged echoed.

Then was someone she didn't quite know his name was dragged from behind Teresa and Thomas, Asterin stood in her feets as she rushed down the Corn field making sure Thomas was behind her, the leaves slapped her face as she ran, the oxygen leaving her lips in a hurry as she gasped for air. The adrenadrenaline rushing through her veins was powerful and she only ran faster.

A sudden griever made it's way towards the group, Thomas placed Teresa behind him and Asterin stood beside him staring at the monster in front of her in fear, everything happened in a rush and Asterin found herself holding a spear and threw it at the monster who shriek in pain as it landed perfectly on it's open mouth that tried to bite her, if Minho was here, he'll find her action hot.

The way the spear stabbed straight onto it's mouth and stabbing it's disgusting guts made her feel satisfied, the sudden yelling from the group that left earlier caught her eyes as they lit up in happiness, Frypan cupped the girl's cheek whispering in a rush if she was okay In which she only nodded and they started once again running toward the council hall where Chuck stood calling out for them.

She suddenly got an idea, why is it that she always got amazing ideas when they're trapped and are in a situation between life and death? the sight of the bottle that was full of Gally's recipe caught her eyes as she grabbed it and threw it at the griever that was following them straight in the face, litting it on fire. The shrieking hurts her ears but it was satisfying to see their nightmare burn in front of their eyes.

She smiled proudly before pulling Chuck inside the room after checking if there was anyone coming, a sudden hand grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards them, her back hitting his chest as she turned around in fear, Minho cupped her cheek lovingly and stared at her face looking for any signs of injuries but thank god found nothing.

Pulling her towards his chest he rubbed her hair softly and planted kisses on her forehead to calm her down, Asterin intertwined her fingers with his as she pulled his hand to her lips, her soft lips pressing against his knuckles was so ravishing, it left him speechless and unspeakable even of they were probably about to die.

Shaky breaths escaped her lips as tears covered her beautiful dark brown eyes he loved to stare at, that made him feel like home, feel loved. As she stared at his chest trying to forget the horrible yet traumatizing sight if gladers being dragged and eaten alive.

"Hey, listen to me." He whispered brushing his thumb against her cheek trying to calm her nerves down making her look at him, "I am here now, I will never let someone hurt you." He said kissing her forehead once again making his partner melt in his hold, "don't leave me again." She said hoping he would never leave her side.

"I won't. I will never."