30.

•°•

•°•

This place was creepy and Asterin could feel the glass digging in her skin and blood flowing out of her wound, Minho and Winston noticed footsteps going down the abandoned building and Thomas immediately took off walking, "we gotta go." He said walking away at the thought that WCKD will stop at this place, "No. Tell me what's going on" said Teresa not moving from her stop with crossed arms, Asterin fought the urge of punching her.

"It's WCKD they lied to us, we never escaped. We found piles of bodies hanging me, Aris and Asterin. They're basically killing them so we have to get as far away as possible." Asterin didn't say a word and the feeling of being left out rushed through her veins as she clenched her jaw in pain as the blood flowed from her wound and to the sand.

Biting her lip to prevent the wince from leaving her lips she backed away from the group feeling as if she was with the wrong group, they didn't even notice her disappearing nor her injured, "okay, so what's the plan?" Asked Newt with narrowed eyes full of annoyance and anger especially when Thomas didn't reply but instead just looked at him with nothing.

"You do have a plan, right? Well we followed you here Thomas, and now you're saying that you have no idea where we're going or what we're doing?!" Newt was furious that he was about to yell at Thomas until Frypan placed a supporting hand on the second in command shoulder to calm him down, Thomas staring at the ground in fear of meeting Newt's furious eyes.

Asterin on the other hand hid her injured arm behind her back and tried to blink off the tears that covered her eyes at the pain, "we're going to see the right arm, that son of a bitch said something about people hiding in mountains, some kind of resistance or army that is against WCKD maybe they can help us." She spoke coldly trying not to wince in pain, Newt stared at her with a raised eyebrow.

"People. In the mountains. Mountain people. Is this your plan?" Asked Newt the girl who nodded in reply, sighing heavily he nodded in reply, "fine." With that the group decided to split up in hope of finding survivors that could possibly help them survive the scorch.

"We'll split up and let's pack some of this stuff here see what we can find, meet back here." Said Thomas walking away with Minho who stopped and made his way to the black haired girl who was staring at her arm with pain in her eyes, hiding it in a hurry behind her back she smiled at Minho who tried so hard to get a glimpse of her arm as to why she hid it from him.

"Why are you hiding your arm?" He asked with a raised eyebrow as he tried to look at her arm but stopped once her hand was on his chest as she pulled him back, "I'll tell you later." With that she walked away from him and placed her hand on her mouth with tears streaming down her cheek at the pain.

•°•

Asterin sat on a chair taking the sharp glass out from her wound and she eventually had to stitch the wound, "hey Newt... will you hurry up please!" She called out for the second in command who immediately rushed towards her and his eyes widened as soon as he caught the half stitched wound, hurrying towards her he crouched in front of the girl in worry.