8

•°•

•°•

Asterin didn't want to lose her partner, he was her closest friend other than Frypan and Newt and seeing him suffer made her feel sick.

Making her way towards the boy who was in the slammer she stopped in front of him, her knees felt weak as she could see the black veins in the boy's neck it was a sickening sight, sitting on her knees in front of the boy who stared at her in fear she looked down.

"I'm sorry Ben..." she whispered to the Boy who shook his head in fear, "please Asterin don't let them kill me! I didn't mean to attack Thomas, I-I'll apologize if y-you want but please just don't leave me in the m-maze at night-" he was stuttering as tears ran down his cheeks, sitting on his knees in front of the girl who watched him in pain, his hands were in front of him as he begged the girl to set hin free and him on his knees.

"Hey. Ben, get up from the ground it's dirty, I know that you didn't mean to attack Thomas and you don't have to apologize for something you can't control, you're stung..and I'm so sorry that I can't help you, trust me if there was anything that I can do to save you, I'll do it even if I get i trouble." Her vision was blurry as she tried to stop herself from crying.

Ben nodded as he sat on the wall crying, "hey Asterin...promise me one thing." He sniffled turning to look at the girl who nodded without second thoughts, she could see the black veins creeping up his neck and onto his face, he was turning. "Promise me, that you will stay by Minho's side, he usually overworks himself everytime someone is banished, and promise me that no one will be banished again.."

Asterin could feel a sob about to leave her lips as she looked down, Ben could see the tears falling down her cheeks to the ground, that was the moment that he knew he's becoming one of them, biting her lip she turned to the boy nodding as she tried to stop herself from crying in front of him.

"I promise."

•°•

Minho leads Ben out from the Pit, cuts his bonds, and throws a pack with supplies into the Maze. Minho grabbing a hold of his Partner, he looked so fucked up. how did he get stung in the middle of the day? taking a deep breath.

He wanted to shout, he wanted to scream, let it all out but didn't say a word. The runner held it all in for 3 fucking years since he was 14, the boy suffered...a lot. Walking out of her room beside Chuck towards the open walls with each glader holding huge staff she watched Minho cutting the ropes as his partner fell to the ground vomiting a black-looking liquid with Ben begging them not to go behind those walls.

Asterin eyes immediately trailed towards Minho who refuses to make eye contact with Ben as the other gladers started pushing him inside the maze with those woods, Minho was in pain, she could see it in his eyes from far, and the screaming of Ben echoing around the maze that started closing calling for him only made them feel sick-especially Minho.

He didn't want to lose Ben, not when he was his closest friend and the nicest runner.

Asterin watched as Minho immediately walked away brushing past her as if she wasn't even there, he was heading towards the deadheads ignoring Newt's calls and hers, he needed to clear his mind off things or he'll explode any moment.

Asterin was worried, "I'll go check on him." Said the girl about to make her way towards the deadheads but Newt caught her wrist stopping her from walking, "Not now, Minho hates it when someone disturbs him when he needs some time alone." Asterin looked at the deadheads then at Newt who nodded at her.

He knew Minho for years and disturbing him was something you shouldn't do, he could see how worried Asterin looked at the moment but eventually nodded without a word.

Newt turned to look at Thomas with a guilty smile, he tried to look strong, especially in front of Thomas even if he lost his dearest friend who was like a brother to him he faked a smile, he was the second in command after all he had to stay strong for his gladers. "Come on Tommy, let's go.." his voice came out as a whisper, Thomas followed Newt before looking back at Asterin who stood staring at the deadheads. "You alright?"

Newt turned to look at the boy, he thought that Thomas was talking to Asterin but instead he was talking to him, "yeah I'm fine, why?" He tried to sound tough, did it work? Yes. (For the people who can't read a person) but for Thomas, no. Newt seemed to notice him staring into his soul, turning to walk away.

Thomas movement was smooth as he reached over to grab the second is command's wrist, his hand sliding over to his, their hands fitted perfectly together as if they already did it in the past (before the glade), "I'm sorry about Ben...but are you sure you're okay?" It warmed his heart, he felt loved.

One of the best things about Thomas is that he cared, he always did, Newt heart was beating so fast that he thought it will jump out of its place, his ears were bright red as he nodded in reply, "I'm fine Tommy, thank you.. " he muttered under his breath placing his other hand on top of his reassuringly.

•°•

It's been hours since Minho disappeared and Asterin was worried as hell and tried so hard to check up on him but Alby always seemed to give her some work to do, especially Newt's since they had to chat about something between the leaders.

It was midnight and she couldn't sleep, the room felt so silent without Minho it was as if she was alone in the world, glade was dead silent that she could hear the electricity buzzing. Getting up Asterin opened the door quietly, she can't breathe properly if Minho wasn't in the room resting.

Grabbing a flashlight from the drawer she made her way towards the deadheads trying so hard not to trip over some rock, stopping in front of the map room she knocked startling the boy who was staring at the wall, "Minho open the door..." her forehead was pressed against the door as she waited for him to open the door.

"Leave me alone." He spoke coldly, Asterin rolled her eyes her hand turning into a fist, "please, Minho open the shucking door or I'll kick it.." she whispered harshly looking behind to see if anyone was awake, thank god there wasn't. The door suddenly swang open as Asterin tried to hold herself, hiw dare he open the door when she was leaning against it.

Her forehead slammed against Minho's chest as she looked up with eyes narrowed and her lips slightly pointed at the sudden force, rubbing her forehead she walked past Minho watching as he closed the door in annoyance, turning to look over at the girl, he was cut once he felt her arms wrapped around his neck as she pulled him closer to him.

He was taller than her and she had to stand on her tiptoes to reach him, Minho was startled as his eyes widened once he felt her lips slightly brush against his neck, his hand slid from her shoulder to her waist as he pulled her closer with one hand, their bodies pressed dangerously close to each other as they took in each other's sent.

He wasn't going to lie, but without her he couldn't focus and seeing her in the middle of the night holding a flashlight, wearing some shorts she stole from the closet and his shirt was the most ravishing sight he ever saw for the past weeks.

She was hot.

Especially in his clothes.