11

•°•

•°•

Everything happened in a blink of an eye, another griever chasing Asterin and Thomas around the maze and her being a perfect leader, and by that it means saving his life plenty of times today such as pulling him by the back of his collar once they reached a dead end, both Asterin and Thomas groaned in pain once they hit the ground and the griever who didn't seem to give up was screeching and trying to catch them but thanks goodness to the ivy's that tore with them once they fell to the ground trapped it, Asterin watched as the spikes tried to grab her but it only scratched against the ground creating marks and the most irritating sound as if someone was standing beside her ear with a fork scratching on a plate.

Grabbing Thomas's wrist she dragged him away from the monster panting heavily, Thomas looked at her in horror before running after her, this is the 5th time she saved him, both the teenagers stared at the griever struggling to get free before a parson came out of nowhere grabbing Thomas arm who snapped his head towards whoever it was ready to punch them, Asterin screamed at the thought it was another griever but it was only Minho staring at them in anger, "you crazy son of a bitch!" he exclaimed turning to look at the griever who was getting ready to chase them once again, Minho reached to grab Asterin gently not to startle her and started running down the corridor, "Minho! it's changing, we can lose it down here!" she exclaimed looking at the dark corridor which was empty, he nodded in agreement before pulling her once again, "dude I can run myself!" she exclaimed, turning to look behind in hope Thomas was with them but no, he was by the end of the corridor gesturing for the griever to follow him, "shit! Thomas! get here you shank!" she yelled at him, in which he did as told but with a griever behind him inches away.

"Come on Thomas, don't look back! it will make you slow down and throw you off balance!" she exclaimed along with Minho who stared in terror at the monster, Thomas followed their rules but couldn't help himself but look behind seeing the griever trying to bite him, the walls were closing and before he could think of anything he threw himself at Asterin and Minho who immediately caught him panting heavily, Asterin stared at the closed walls where the griever who was chasing them was now dead with its mouth wide open and spikes in front of it. Thomas got up cleaning his shirt from the dust before looking at Asterin who glared at him, "didn't I say to follow me?" she asked with narrowed eyes, they were like daggers shooting at him and Thomas could feel his eyes look down in fear, she flicked him in the forehead watching as the boy in response groaned in pain and rubbing his forehead, "ow what was that for?!" he exclaimed in pain, Asterin frown got deeper as she stepped towards him with her hands on her hips, "what was that for? I said you follow me wherever I go and not you motioning that fucker to follow you?!" Asterin scolded him before rolling her eyes at the boy who pouted trying to ease the pain from his forehead.

"It was genius what you did, Thomas, but please next time follow me and don't do something stupid, cause I don't want Newt to yell at me for not protecting you." She said smiling softly at Thomas who nodded at the black-haired girl, "I don't need protection." He said following the runners behind, she laughed, throwing her head back, "as if you weren't about to die five times today, Tommy." Asterin doesn't care whenever that person is the most powerful person in this cruel world or even god but if that person is someone she truly cares for she'll protect them no matter what (especially knowing Newt's frightening glare he'll shoot her if Thomas was injured) and Asterin was proud of her job.