25.

•°•

•°•

Falling asleep on Minho's chest was one of the most wonderful feeling she ever felt and she felt safe,warm and relaxed, comforted by each other's presence, his hand was wrapped around her waist as he brushed her hair smiling softly as she tried to stay awake, her head tilting to the side but jolting awake immediately turning around to look at him, afraid that if she closed her eyes, open them and he's not there anymore.

It was adorable.

"Hey..." he whispered, his hot breath fanning the back of her neck as she turned to look at him with a small smile, the pain was still clear in her eyes and they were still red from crying, "you can rest, I'm here love...." he said watching as she nodded without a second thought and leaned back against his chest, fiddling with his hand and measuring hers against his, Chuck's blood was dry.

Her fingers intertwined against his as she slowly fell into a deep slumber, safe from those nightmares, Frypan turned to check over to his sister as a smile slowly crept up his face as he watched Asterin pouting as she slept peacefully against Minho's back who had to his cheek pressed on her head and was also sleeping holding her close to his body.

"Lovers." He sighed before turning to look out the window staring at the abandoned and post-apocalyptic world that was covered in sand.

•°•

Someone was nudging her awake and Asterin hated that, trying to push the person away she tried to fall back asleep but the shouting of guards yelling at the gladers to get out fast and run to safety, her eyes opened and there was Thomas and Minho hovering and nudging her to wake up.

"Y'all really are looking for a death wish." She said glaring at the boys and trying to rub the exhaustion from her eyes, Minho helped her up and out of the helicopter as the guards pushed them in a rush towards huge walls, the sound of gunshots shooting behind and growling only made her feet drag themself faster.

The door slammed close behind and the gladers found themselves inside a building and staring around the very lit up room, men and guards running around and Thomas suddenly stood beside her, "where the fuck are we?" They both said staring at the unknown place.

A sudden guy she wished she never saw appeared in front of her as she slowly backed away in fear reaching for Newt or Minho's hand, Janson, the guy she saw in her dreams was standing in front of her with a smile she wanted badly to wipe out of his ugly face, "ratman..." both Asterin and Minho whispered at the same time as they stared at the guy with narrowed eyes, her dark brown eyes turned into slits as she stared deep into his eyes.

Janson stared back at her with a disgusting smile and his hand was behind his back as he greeted the gladers, congratulating them for leaving the maze, everything happened in a rush and Asterin only found herself glaring that she didn't even notice him calling out her name, "it's good to see you, Asterin. I've heard so much about you." He spoke peeking from his shoulder to look at the girl who only seemed to clench her hand around Frypan's as she replied back coldly.

"Do I know you?"

"Oh no you don't."

'Yes I do, ugly ass rat.' She thought rolling her eyes at his response, Thomas on the other hand instinctively does not trust Janson same as Asterin. "Anyways, let's do something about that smell. The girls will take a shower in the other bathroom." He said showing the boy's the bathroom leaving only Teresa and Asterin behind, Minho slowly made his way towards the girl grabbing her wrist before she could move, "I don't trust the ratman." He said eyeing the man up and down with disgust.

Asterin had a small smile on her lips and only placed her hand on his cheek brushing her thumb gently against his jaw, "I'll be fine, why? You want me to take a shower with you? It's too early for that don't you think?" With a peck on his cheek she walked off leaving a red Minho behind, Newt tapped his shoulder with a smirk, "you're a whole new person, Minho, you're so bloody red." Minho shoved the boy off him whole rolling his eyes before stepping inside the bathroom steamy because of the hot water.

•°•

Both her and Minho had to run on the Ellipticals, sweat ran down their foreheads but they weren't out of breath like in the maze, music blasted in her ears as she ignored everything and tried to forget the nightmare that kept playing in her brain over and over again, 'haunted by laurales' playing in her earphones.

Then a guard came over to the girl stopping her from running, "come with me please." Looking at her friends in confusion she followed the man close behind, Minho's eyes full of worry as the rest of the gladers watched her disappear in silence.

Sitting in a chair in a room that she didn't trust a bit, Asterin drummed her feet on the ground bored out of her mind as she let out a loud sigh, Jason, the man that seemed familiar walked in, the man both her and Minho decided to name 'ratman'

Asterin watched as he sat in front of her with the darkest grin placed on his ugly face, she didn't smile back at him but only narrowed her eyes at the man, he shifted in his seat under her emotionless gaze, "I'm only here to ask you about some question that's all, what do you remember?"

the memories of her childhood and her past life came into her mind as she clenched her jaw with annoyed eyes, "no." She replied shrugging slightly, the power of lying straight into someone's face was in her blood, a new talent she didn't know she possessed it, but here she is staring straight into Jason soul with nothing written in her eyes. 'She's a difficult one, just like old times..'

He thought with a snarl, his eyes showed anger as he stared back at her with a smile, "I remember a woman tho." She said leaning back on the chair the 'you want to play a game? I'm in' look placed on her beautiful face, "Ava Paige. I know she's the leader and used to work for W.C.K.D, that's all." Her expression was completely unfazed as she crossed her arms in front of her chest with an innocent smile.

Asterin wasn't stupid, she will not tell anyone what she remembered about her past to a stranger that looks like a rat that she knew had a part of her life and was a part of her nightmare.

"Tell me Asterin, which side are you on?" He asked the girl who thought for a while taked back by the sudden question.

Her? With W.C.K.D?

Or with the ratman?

Asterin didn't know what to say except shrug her shoulder, "I'm not with W.C.K.D, that's for sure.." she said staring at the table in front of her and back into his eyes, Janson smiled at the girl, that was the answer he wanted to hear. "but I'm not with you either. I'm a glader and I'll always be on my friends side and no one else's." She spoke watching as his smile faded into a frown, his nose scrunched like a rat in the gutters.

"Interesting.." he muttered under his breath before getting up holding the paper in his hand, "well, thank you for answering my questions, and I apologize for taking your time, the guards will take you from here." He said smiling at the girl, she could read him like an open book, and this man was a devil in disguise and she did not trust him nor this place.

"Totally."