24.

•°•

•°•

Asterin knew the blonde woman talking, she can still remember the fact that she was the one who ordered for her to practice everyday, and she shall never forgive her.

"Asterin, my dear, if only I was there to congratulate you myself for completing the maze and staying brave the whole, it may be too late for us, me but not for you, the outside world awaits, remember..." she said pulling out a gun out of no where and pointing it at the side of her head, "WCKD is good." With that she pulled the trigger making her look away.

"Well, guess this is it." Said Newt looking around to find  a way out, "we can't leave." a voice echoed around the room and Asterin immediately recognized who it belongs to, Gally aimed his gun straight at Thomas and she immediately without a second thought reached to grab his wrist and pull him back. "We did Gally we're out..." said Thomas with his hand in front of him.

She could see the black veins in his neck, the same as Alby's and Ben's, "Gally listen to me, you're not thinking straight, and we can help you, just put down the gun.." she said in worry watching as he immediately aimed back at her then back at Thomas, Minho on the other hand watched as his hand clenched around the spear listening to Gally's words in anger, "I belong to the maze. We all do." His finger was on the trigger and Asterin heard the bang echoing around the dead room full of bodies.

A spear was suddenly thrown straight into Gally's chest as he gasped for air falling to the ground on his knees then to the ground. Then she noticed it, blood coming out of Chuck's stomach as he reached for her in fear, falling in her arms she immediately caught him, her eyes wide in horror as she held him in her arms like a mother after having birth for the first time, except the kid was dying.

Tears raced down  her cheeks as she placed her hand on the wound trying to stop the bleeding, "GIVE ME SOMETHING TO PRESS ON HIS WOUND HURRY!" she screamed trying to fight the son that was trying to leave her lips, "Chuck, honey, I need you to stay with me, we're about to get out and you will see how pretty it is outside, and find your parents, just stay awake for me yeah?" She cried her throat closing as tears clouded her vision and fell.

Thomas was also by her side trying to stop the wound from bleeding and he also was crying, Chuck struggled to get the doll he made himself out of his pocket and handed it to the girl who trying to keep him awake, but he could feel the blood warm and sticky in his shirt just like when he washed the dishes and water was on his dry shirt, he hated it, he hated the way he couldn't move, his skin cold and pale, mostly he hated seeing the gladers surrounding him in tears knowing that he will be gone but not Asterin or Thomas, sure, they had tears racing one after the other but he could see the sparkle of hope clear in their beautiful eyes, the way they thought he would live warmed him up but he couldn't fight the black spots in his vision.

Hey, at least he died in the arms of someone he loved and treated him like an angel, he was glad that the gladers were like brothers to him especially Thomas, Minho and the second in command who only cried in silence.

"You're my sister, promise me that you'll keep it safe..." Asterin shook her head in disagreement as she tried so hard to reassure him that he'll live by pushing his hand away so he can give the doll himself to his parents, "please..." he whispered in pain, with that the light left his eyes and he only stared at the ceiling, the sparkle of innocence left Chuck's eyes and was replaced with dull ones.

His chest laid still, no flickers of life or his usual innocence and kindness remaining in his bosom, a surefire sign that he was gone. Asterin pulled Chuck to her chest and cried so loud while holding him for dear's life, begging to whoever was listening to bring him back, her sobbing got louder and everyone looked down tears streaming down their faces and couldn't help but get chills all over their bodies as a sudden bloody yet painful scream left her lips.

Minho fell to his knees beside the girl and pulled her to his embrace brushing her hair to calm her down and let her sob in his chest, light suddenly caught their eyes as what seems to be guards dressed in all black caught their eyes, "are you guys alright?!" One of them asked but Asterin couldn't hear anything but muffled sounds, Minho tried to pick her up but she only crawled back to Chuck, the guard suddenly got her hand harshly and tried to pull her away from the boy but was suddenly slammed against the wall with Minho glaring straight into his eyes.

"Be fucking gentle." He threatened making his way towards his girl whispering confronting words as he tried to pull her away from Chuck, "he's gone kid." One of the guards said to the girl who couldn't believe his words, "No! No he's not did you check his pulse or anything, WE CAN'TJUST LEAVE HIM HERE-" she exclaimed in rage but the guard only shook his head back at her, "he's gone..."

With that Minho pulled the girl away with a hand wrapped around her waist as he pulled her closer to the exit, the sunlight blinded her eyes as she closed them shut and stared around, she hoped people would be congratulating them and giving them water but was only greeted by a helicopter and sand.

"You guys alright, don't worry, you're safe now." He spoke smiling at the group of survivors his eyes landing on a exhausted Asterin who was leaning against the black haired boy chest staring at her bloody hands as he kissed her forehead, she was so tired to even cry or move anymore but could feel the tears blurring her vision once again as she kissed the doll.

Every gladers stared outside the window at the maze they ran for 3 years, the glade in the center as she could see the trees and smoke leaving the ground once the grievers attacked, still could see the room where both she and Minho slept at, took a shower and showed affection towards one another sneakily. The kitchen she and Frypan cooked in, "relax kid, everything is gonna change."

Her head lolled lazily to the side as she stared at the gladers who sighed heavily and her eyes landed on Thomas and Newt holding hands, Newt squeezing he boy's hand to reassure him and calm him down, Newt eyes suddenly caught her exhausted ones as he reached over to grab hers, she didn't even have the force to intertwine her fingers with her bestfriend but only stared thankfully at him, too tired to even form words, her throat still closed from crying so much.

Her heart left with Chuck's.

She was traumatized.

What was awaiting for them next?

•°•

A/N; SO YEAH THIS IS IT, THIS IS THE END OF THE FIRST BOOK, hope you enjoyed it and let me know what you think<33