10

•°•

•°•

Carrying Alby was one of the most difficult thing she ever done ever since she came in the box, he was heavy and him unconscious didn't do any better, he was sometimes leaning to the front and was about to fall but thank goodness that they held him.

"Only one more turn and we're back home.." she said tightening her grip around Alby who was still unconscious in their arms.

•°•

Meanwhile in the glade Newt and Frypan paced back and forth in worry as to why not even one came out of the maze, Thomas himself was worried even if he didn't know much about the three teenagers, "oh come on guys can't we send someone after them?" He questioned Newt who stood beside him frowning deeply.

"It's against the rules. They make it back to they don't." Said the guy with long eyebrows on the other hand, 'fuck these rules. You don't give a shit if they don't make it.' Thought Thomas glaring at the guy, Newt turned towards Thomas who was already staring at him, "we can't risk losing anyone else." Sais Newt brushing his arm he could sense the fear in his voice.

The walls suddenly started closing as everyone backed away in fear, "oh no.." muttered Chuck staring at the huge walls with wide eyes, he can't loose his closest friends especially Asterin, a sudden silhouette caught Thomas eyes as they shone in hope, "there!" He pointed towards the silhouette, Asterin and Minho groaning in pain as they carried Alby faster before the walls close and their dead.

"Come on Minho." She muttered under her breath, her shoulder felt numb but she still kept walking trying to keep Alby from not falling but he eventually did, Asterin rushing to the leaders side as she grabbed his shoulders, "grab his legs, Minho! In three" She yelled out as both the runners counted in unison before lifting him in one go making their way faster towards the wall as they soon were about to close.

The cheering of the gladers only got stressed them more than they already are but she could hear the pure fear in Frypan's and Chuck's voice as they cheered, "come on guys you can do it!" Gally on the other hand yelled at them to leave him which is something they'll never do.

Her eyes met Newt who tried to fight the urge to run inside the maze and help them but it seems like Thomas read his thoughts cause in a blink of an eye he ran between the walls and towards the maze to help them, Newt reached to hold him but it was too late he was already running.

"Thomas no!" Screamed Chuck at the bot who ignored their calls and tried to push himself past those walls before he get crushed, Thomas fell to his knees breathing heavily and turned to look at the runners, Minho was also on his knees breathing heavily and Asterin was against the wall panting as harsh breath escaped her lips. "Good job, you just killed yourself." Said Minho between breaths while glaring slightly at a confused Thomas.

"What?" Thomas voice echoed around the empty suffocating place watching as Minho and Asterin leaned against the wall, with exhaustion in his eyes he rushes over to cup Asterin's cheek who stared at Alby's unconscious figure, turning to look at him she spoke her voice just above a whisper, "we're dead.." he wanted to reach over and pull her to his embrace whispering soft reassuring words but nothing left his lips as he made his way towards Alby.

"What happened to him?" Asked Thomas looking at the two teenagers who sat silent, "what does it look like? He got stung." The last sentence was full of anger, the screeching of a griever snapped the boy out of thoughts before he could ask another question as he looked at Minho who didn't even blink. "Help me get him up."

"We gotta go." Replied Minho getting up with emotionless eyes, Minho didn't think they had a chance of survival and wanted to leave Alby so they could stand a better chance, he didn't want to leave him, not his friend. But they had to or else they'll all be dead in a matter of seconds. "The maze is already changing!" He replied about to walk away.

"Hey Minho!" Called Thomas watching as Minho stopped dead in his track, "we can't just leave him here.." his voice cooled down as he gulped at the sudden glare Minho threw at him, Asterin suddenly got up and grabbed hold of Alby's arm wrapping it around her shoulder even if it was numb and painful, "come on greenie, I'll help ya.." her voice was full of tiredness and pain.

•°•

Asterin watched helplessly as Minho threw himself at the greenie grabbing his collar, "listen to me shuck face, take a look around, there is no where to go!" His voice echoed around the empty hallway before pulling away from Thomas, "you don't get it, we're already dead." Thomas turned to look st Asterin who seemed to be staring at the ivy's before back to Alby.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" She asked Thomas who nodded and made his way towards the ivy's talking a long one, Asterin dragged Alby gently helping Thomas wrap the ivy around his waist, "okay in three we lift him." She ordered watching as Thomas nodded before making his way towards the girl holding the back of the ivy behind her.

Asterin smiled proudly at Alby who was in the wall listening to Minho's murmuring, "w-we gotta go!" He stuttered trying to pull them with him, "what?" Thomas asked Minho who looked back at him in fear, a griever making his way around feet away caught his eye, as he slightly raised his voice, "we gotta go!" Everything happened In  a blink of an eye.

Asterin pulled Thomas under the wall with her hand on his mouth as Minho ran, the clicking sound of a griever snapped in front of them as Asterin backed away in fear holding Thomas tightly who stared with wide eyes at the metallic leg in front of him, he was shaking under her hold. And Asterin swore that she'll scold him when they gr tout of here.

Why did he even run in the maze?

Getting out of their hiding place she looked around for a griever, "why did you run in here, you shank?!" She whispered harshly punching Thomas shoulder who winced in pain, "no one wanted to help you guys and-" he said looking down, the thought of a worried Newt waiting for him made him slowly regret running in but he couldn't leave his friends in there.

Even if it was against the rules.

"I'm sorry..." he muttered looking at the girl who had a small smile on her lips, "nah it's alright greenie, it was a heroic thing. But you'll follow me from now on." She warned the boy who immediately nodded at her.

"What do you thing Newt is doing right now?" He suddenly asked the girl who peered to him over her shoulder with a smirk on the corner of her lips, "probably waiting outside the walls waiting for us to come– especially you." She replied watching as the boy looked away rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly, yeah, Newt will definitely scold him.

"Me?"

"Yes. You, Thomas, you're the only greenie he cared for so much." Said Asterin glancing over to a blushing Thomas, even if it was dark in here she could see his flaming cheeks. It was adorable, 'oh I can't wait to tell Fry about that!' She thought shaking her head slightly at the blushy boy.