44.

•°•

•°•

Asterin Freud, you must be wondering what happened after 6 months?

She changed. She didn't crack up jokes and gave sarcastic remarks like back at the glade and scorch but she was way different, her eyes weren’t the usual big ones, but cold, angry, and exhausted, they were sometimes so numb for a second everyone thought she lost her feelings.

Completely.

But she still was the sarcastic and caring Asterin everyone loved, the strong woman that wanted nothing but to see her lover back home, safe with her, she still remembers his last words to her, they were beautiful and it always brought a smile to her lips but was also a nightmare since she didn't remember any other word from his lips other than that.

Her smiling became so rare, probably once or twice a month.

Everyone missed the old Asterin but always felt guilty remembering the painful and angry scream she let out when they took Minho and the way they held her back from going to him. Although she still cared, and shipped Thomas and Newt and always gestured for Newt to make a move and sometimes even give them a lecture about their feelings for one another.

She still didn't see them kiss and it was getting frustrating, her dark brown eyes were cold showing a lack of friendliness or interest in others to not seem weak, her mind was full of plans on how to save Minho, to take revenge, bags under her eyes indicating tiredness, thousands of voices howling in her head. She was tired of everything and wanted nothing but to get her boyfriend back, her home.

She was always training, working out in rage and doing her best to become even stronger even If she already is, going to find supplies along with Harriet mostly to kill cranks. Newt on the other hand hated how she overworks herself and only thinks of revenge and not her health. Everyone scolded her for spending her day thinking and spacing out instead of eating or drinking, she’s not starving herself but the thought of all these plans and especially Minho’s condition right now made her even forget herself. The way Newt always found her at night sitting in the kitchen drinking coffee while staring at complete emptiness made him terrible.

The second in command didn’t tell her, he couldn’t, not when she was already in a terrible condition.  He couldn’t just go there and tell her that he’s infected, sure, he could feel the pain and virus getting worse in his body developing slowly but he couldn’t open his mouth.

 Will she kill him if she finds out?

 Of course not, Asterin would rather hang herself or get killed than to even lay a finger on him, she couldn’t lose him too nor anyone else. Newt knew that one day when he tells her, she’ll probably have a mental breakdown and blame herself just like she usually did, blaming herself for not finding a way to him and the blonde boy didn’t want that. He wanted her to be happy and swore that he’ll follow her and help her in anything and everything until she smiles again. He swore that he would not die until he saw her beautiful grin that warmed his heart.

Brenda and Jorge mostly noticed how easily she got frustrated by small simple things, Brenda confronted her whenever she caught the girl swearing and throwing the things whenever she can’t get it right, she was once fixing a robot she found when searching for supplies with Harriet that she accidentally pushed the robot breaking it after weeks of trying to fix it, exhausting and frustrating right?

She never felt so alone.

Jorge has taught her to drive along with Fry to help her forget the plans and go out for some fresh air and to soend some free time, and today was another day of finding some supplies, Asterin was driving with one hand and the other placed on her thigh, her veins slightly popping out as she stared at the city in front of her, everybody wants to rule the world playing on the radio.

Brenda handed her the dvd as a gift once and here she was driving, music blasting with fresh air slapping her face, she felt free for once.