18.

•°•

•°•

Asterin, Minho and Thomas didn't stop from running, not even once, the ground underneath them suddenly started shaking and Minho had to grab her by her harness to stop her from running, and the ground in front of them separated and lifted, the huge metal wall started falling and if it wasn't for Minho she would've been crushed.

The ground started also breaking and shaking underneath their feet and the walls around them started breaking and falling to the ground, one of the habits Asterin noticed about Thomas was that he always looked back when they ordered him not too, smoke was everywhere as the duo followed Minho behind to the walls that seemed to be closing.

Crawling like an army between the walls she fell to the ground gasping, whoever created the maze loved to play games and wanted them to be killed no matter what, Minho and Thomas were by her side as they groaned in pain, she never felt safe in the maze but being back between the walls with ivy's surrounding them felt better than those blades trying to crush them and slice them like meat.

Thomas and Asterin collapsed to the ground with laughs escaping their lips as they high fived, "holy shit.. that was-" she exclaimed turning to look at Minho who was staring at the sky still terrorized by the walls falling, "hey you alright? OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?" she exclaimed glaring at the boy who punched her shoulder with a death stare, "if I didn't pull you back you could've died." He scolded the girl who rolled her eyes in pain.

"Sorry dad."

•°•

Making their way out of the maze in excitement, Newt eyes lit up as soon as he saw the trio make their way out, they clearly heard the loud ringing of course, "what the hell was going on out there!" Frypan looked at the girl checking for injuries but not even a single drop of blood was seen and he felt relieved, "we found something, a new passage we think it could be our way out!" They could see the surprise in Newt's face, "really?" He asked in disbelief.

"It's true we opened the door something I have never seen before, probably where the griever goes during the day." Replied Minho breathless but still continuing to make his way towards the map room, Chuck stepped in between Asterin and Minho, "woah so you're saying you found the grievers home, a-and you want us to go in?" He asked in panic, "there could be a way out Chuck." She said her voice raspy with tiredness.

Her head felt light and the world around her was spinning uncontrollably.

"Yeah Or there could be dozen grievers on the other side the truth is, Thomas doesn't know what he's done, as usual!" Thomas was finally having enough of Gally's bullshit and turned to look at the angry boy, "when we say we did something Gally, I mean what have you done? Except from hiding behind these walls all the time." Asterin smiled to herself before whispering to Newt's ear.

"Your boyfriend is learning from the best." Newt turned to look at the girl who was smiling devilishly at him, he shot her a warning look before turning back around watching the tension between him and Gally a small grin tucked at the corner of his lips, "let me tell you something greenie, you have been here 3 days, I have been here 3 years-"

"Yeah well you have been here 3 years and you're still here Gally! Maybe you should start working things a little differently-" the arguing was cut with the sound of a girl calling out for them, "guys! It's Alby." Asterin turned to look towards the sound came from, her eyes turned to spikes as she glared at the new girl.

"Oh look who we have here! Our sleeping beauty has finally decided to wake up from her nap, how was your sleep darling?" Asterin with the fakest grin on her lips, they could hear the pure hatred and sarcasm on her voice and Teresa seemed to recognize her as she shot her the same glare.

"It was amazing, do I know you?" said Teresa with venomous voice and Asterin fought the urge of jumping on the girl and punching her for this attitude, she stepped towards Teresa with a clenched jaw and murderous eyes, "oh please, I am very well known in here, you don't want to know me.." warned the black haired girl Teresa who scoffed at the girl.

"I wasn't expecting such a greeting from you like that." Snapped back Teresa at the girl who didn't seem to be affected by her sudden harsh voice knowing that if she burst out, someone might die. And she didn't want to go back to that slammer or worse get thrown in the Maze, so she kept her voice calm but the anger was clear in it. "What? You expected me to kiss your hand?" Asked Asterin sarcastically.

"Yes. Actually."

Asterin laughed as she clapped her hands, "wow, that was an amazing joke. Why would I kiss your hand when you're clearly not on my level nor ever will be." She said staring deep into Teresa's eyes coldly, her eyes were dull as she crossed her arms in front of her chest scoffing at the new girl's attitude.

'Burn!' And 'Ohhh' sounded everywhere around the girls as the gladers howled behind her, the gladers were totally thrown off guard by Asterin's words and Frypan laughed so hard that he was about to fall to the ground, "oh got roasted!" Said Zart with a laugh, the ivy trio smiled proudly at the girl loving how speechless Teresa was left.

Minho bit his lip as he wrapped his arm around Asterin's shoulder pulling her towards him, "that's my girl." He said watching as she stared at him weirdly, she could feel his breath on the back of her neck and her cheeks turned red as she looked away.

"It's Alby." Said Teresa trying to run away in embarrassment, that startled the group and both the duo immediately ran to check the leader who was now awake.