12

"When we got the news, I was expecting them to be heart broken. Devastated. But...they weren't. They were hardly even upset. That is the part that I didn't understand. How do you not get upset over the fact that your own son is dead? Well, that's one of the reasons why I moved to L.A."

"Skylar. It's okay. Some parents are...awful sometimes but, you never know. Maybe they were just trying to be strong."

"Be strong, bull. They haven't tried to get in touch with me sense I left so I haven't tried to get in touch with them"

"Skylar." Dylan looked at me, smiling softly. "It's okay. Everything will turn out okay."

"I know." I smiled back at him. "For the most part...It has.....except for getting this job with you!"

"Hey!" He laughed, nudging me in the shoulder a bit.

"Your turn." I smiled.

"Well, When I was about...maybe 16 or 17 years old, my mom passed away."

I covered my mouth with my hand and shook my head, "That's awful, I'm so sorry."

"Don't be sorry." he giggled, "There's nothing to be sorry about. It was years ago, I'm fine now. But, anyways. I began to have panic attacks. All the time, I even had to get home schooled for one year."

"Oh my god, that's awful."

He shrugged, "It all got better. It always does."

I smiled and nodded, "It always does."

Dylan pulled his phone out of his pocket, checking the time. "It's about 9, we should at least try and get some sleep before they come."

"You're right." I agreed, him leaving me and going to the other side of the van. Which still wasn't that far away, but we weren't completely touching. As we both laid down, the cold fully surrounded my body. Causing me to shiver and be really uncomfortable.

I was still wearing the jacket he gave me, which still smelt incredibly good by the way but it wasn't really keeping me warm. I could feel the air getting colder and colder as the night increased and the wind picked up.

"Skylar, are you okay." Dylan whispered.

I continued to shiver "Y-Yeah."

"Are you shivering?"

"Y-yeah.."

Dylan scooted closer to me and wrapped his arms around my body. Pulling both of us closer to one another. His body heat warmed me as a sigh of relief left my lips. His head rested on the top of mine and my face was buried in his chest. I huddled up closer to him and closed my eyes, feeling a safe and wonderful feeling elapse over my body.

I've never felt happier, safer or more comfortable in my life. Even though we were stranded in the middle of nowhere in a sketchy black van and literally laying on the hard floor of the car.

I had a weird feeling in my stomach and my heart just continued to race. I felt Dylan's heart racing really fast exactly like mine. Were we feeling the same thing? What was it?

I wanted to ask him if he felt the same way as me, but I didn't. Maybe it was the fact that we were in a car, cuddling in the middle of no where and we weren't that great of friends. Or maybe it was because I liked this position right where I was, and I didn't want to screw it up.

Is it normal for friends to cuddle? That's normal right? I like him just as a friend. Yeah, I couldn't possibly like him any more.

But maybe....i do
____________________
Update