40

I opened my eyes. The window partially open as a ray of light strung through the room. A soft breeze made the curtains move slightly and there sat Dylan. Looking out of the window. His stare was blank and hair a mess. I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair.

"You okay?" I asked. I thought that maybe it would be best to remain silent. But, somebody had to say something at some point. Why not start.

"I" he paused to look at his hands. "I don't know."

I sighed. "Our lives are pretty...crappy to say the least. Lives lost, panic attacks, crazy parents." I left out insane girlfriends because that would be absolutely cruel to say.

He looked at me. A slight fake smile tugging at his lips. "Yeah."

"But that's why we're together. Ya know? Our lives are like an awful put together story."

He chuckled a little, running his hands through his hair. "pretty screwed up, yes."

"But Dylan, we get through it. We get put through all of this because we're strong." I was about to continue but he cut me off.

"You're the strong one. I'm a mess Sky. Do you see me?"

"You just lost someone. Someone you care about. Of course your going to be upset? Dylan, you would be insane not to care"

"I shouldn't care! Sky, she tried to hurt you and I love you. Only you-"

"Dylan. Calm down."

He looked at me and groaned, putting his head back in the process. "I just don't want you thinking that I love you any less Skylar."

"I don't think that." I chuckled a little. "I understand. If my father, or mother died I would care."

He smiled a little. This time a real one. "You should see them"

"Don't go talking about them now." I chuckled slightly.

"Alright Alright."

"You should call Liz. She wanted to hear from you last light but, you were obviously in no condition to be doing that."

He nodded his head, running his hands through his hair before standing up and grabbing his IPhone.

"Should I put it on speaker?" He asked. Not looking up from his phone. I figured that he was too busy typing the number in.

I shrugged, "I don't care. I'll talk to her too if you want."

He nodded again in response, setting his phone down on the bedside table on speaker phone.

"Dylan O'Brien." Liz answered. "What the heck were you thinking?"

His head hung low, "I'm sorry."

I could hear her sigh on the other end of the phone. Shuffling as well, "I am too." She paused. "About Britt."

Dylan nodded, even though she couldn't see it. "It's Okay. You're on speaker by the way."

"With Skylar?"

"Yep." He popped the P, inter-winding our hands. Dylan looked up at me, a soft genuine smile forming on his lips before looking back at the phone. "With Skylar."

"Did you make it home safely last night?"

"Yeah, we made in home in one piece." I answered. She reminded me of a worried mother. Well, to Dylan I guess that's what she was. Dylan didn't have a mother, and at this point she's all he's got.

"Thankfully"

"Yeah. Again, sorry about all that. Just got a little crazy for a minute." Dylan chuckled lightly. There it was. There was Dylan.

"I would say so. You had us worried sick."

It was silent for a moment before she began to pick up the conversation again. "Now...I know you want to avoid this as much as possible but you know we need to discuss this."

"Which is..?" I asked, Dylan looking at me confused as well.

"Britt's Funeral."

Dylan tensed up. Squeezing my hand tighter, "Yeah?"

"Do you want to attend or not."

Dylan looked at me and I glanced at him back. He shook his head vigorously. "No. I don't want to."

"I think you should." I added

He looked at me like I was crazy. "No. Social media would blow up-"

"Like it's not already." I cut him off yet he continued.

"It wouldn't be fair to you-"

I cut him off yet again, "I'm the one who wants you to go."

"And I'm over it."

"Which is a lie."

"Dylan. Skylar." Liz stated. "It's his choice. He can do what he wants. Anyways, It would be less trouble if he didn't go. I have a meeting to get to but it was nice speaking. Goodbye guys."

"Bye." I mumbled as he pressed the end call button.

"Why don't you want to go?" I rose my voice a bit. But not to the point where I was yelling.

"I already told you. Social media, Fairness, and Over it."

"Blown up, telling you to go, and Lies." I responded in a mocking manner. He rose his eye brow and shook his head.

"Nope."

"I'll go with you." I smiled. "I want to."

"Now I really don't want to go. Don't you remember what she did to you? What she did to us?"

I crossed my arms. "Even the worst people in the world need to be forgiven Dylan. And I'm telling you right now Britt was not the worst person in the world."
___________________
Update