34

After taking a long shower and watching a few episodes of 'The Vampire Diaries' I decided that it was time to go to sleep. Dylan had been in the kitchen and in his bedroom throughout the afternoon. Us barley making eye contact with one another, a depressing vibe swarming throughout the house.

I slowly made my way to the bedroom to see Dylan pulling a shirt over his head. He turned around and smiled slightly at me.

"I know you're not that happy with me right now, I'm not sure why...but I can sleep on the couch if you want."

Maybe that would be the best. Maybe sleeping on the couch would benefit this whole thing I have going on here. But, I didn't want to sleep without him.

"No, it's okay." I smiled a little.

He smiled back at me and nodded, climbing under the covers. I did the same as he turned off the light.

"You're okay right?"

No I'm not

"Y-eah." I sighed, a tear rolling down my cheek.

I hated this. So much. I hated hurting him, and him not knowing what he did wrong. Because he's only been perfect. He's only been the only thing I could ever ask for. And I hated hurting him. I was actually debating telling him.

Anyways how would she find out? I could tell him to be clueless. I wanted this to be over. I wish Britt never had gotten involved anyways. My cheek began to throb as two more tears slipped from my eyes.

"Don't cry Skylar. I want to help you, I just don't know what's wrong." He leaned over and wrapped me into a hug. I hugged him back for a second before turning the other way, sniffling.

"Can you tell me what's wrong?"

I was silent, I didn't say anything and I didn't plan to. I heard him sigh and give up, turning the other way as well.

"I love you." I heard him whisper.

I love you too.

••••••••

I slowly opened my eyes to see sleeping Dylan centimetres from my face. Our hands were connected and our legs were tangled together. I smiled at us. This was perfect. I wish I could do this forever.

I saw as he slowly opened his eyes and saw me looking at him. I blushed and untangled myself from him carefully. But I wish I didn't have to.

I walked into our small living room/kitchen and sat down on a chair at the counter. I watched as Dylan came in, sitting down across from me.

"Is your cheek okay? It looks swollen."

"It's fine. She didn't hit me that hard."

"She? I thought you fell?" Dylan's eyes suddenly widened, fear plastered about his face.

I sighed and mentally face palmed myself. Really? It was all going good until I said that.

"I know, someone hit you. And I will find out who and I will kill them." Dylan frowned through gritted teeth, coming over with ice and setting it on my face lightly.

I wanted to tell him. No I needed to tell him.

"Dylan. If I tell you what's going on...You can't tell anyone."

I was going to tell him. He needed to know and I didn't want to keep up this act I had going on here. Even though it was only going on for less than 24 hours. I didn't care. He could help me, and I would defiantly feel better about this whole situation.

"I won't" he told me, a lace of uncertainty in his voice, "I promise."

I sighed. "It was Britt. She pulled me into the bathroom and had this voice recording of Liz talking about us fake dating." I paused and sighed, fiddling with my fingers.

"She said that she would post it public if I didn't make you hate me and fall back in love with her. And I didn't want to ruin your carrier Dylan. I love you and I couldn't last a freaking day doing this because of it."

He smiled and sighed, "God I thought you hated me. I was so afraid."

I chuckled and nodded. "I would never, but I still don't know what to do about Britt. She said she would basically kill me if I told."

"Well Sky, none of that will be happening. Because I know Britt, and I won't let her get to you. And that I promise."
___________________
Update