35

Liz- Go out in public today, the press needs to see you.

I showed Dylan the text and shook my head. "Should we tell her?"

He shook his head back. "No, no the last thing we do is tell her. She would tell someone definitely."

I nodded, "Okay...Then what do we do."

"Well. We just go public. We do 'our job.' And if Britt questions it then we just say we're doing what we're paid to do."

"But-"

He cut me off by pressing his lips to mine. Man I missed this. The fireworks and butterflies erupted in my stomach just like every time. He slowly pulled away after a second. "Sorry, I just haven't done that in awhile and we're going to be fine. So relax Sky."

I nodded sheepishly and grabbed his hand. "well let's get this over with."

"Wow, I'm glad your happy to be going out with me."

I smirked at him as we left the house, hand in hand. We would just walk to the city. It wasn't that far. And it would be fun looking in all of the shops.

"What if she's watching us?"

Dylan squeezed my hand. "Please don't worry about her Sky. This is all my fault, and I'm sorry. My ex should not be even talking to you."

"It isn't your fault. You didn't know she would go all crazy on me."

He chuckled and started swinging our hands back and forth.

"Ooh, look. It's a candle store. Can we look at the candles?" I smiled up at him. He nodded as I dragged him into the store.

"Smell this one."

I brought the cinnamon and mint candle to his nose as he smelt it.

"It reminds me of Christmas."

I nodded, "it does."

He scanned the shelves and picked out one, chuckling. "Look at this, all of these ones are odd smelling ones."

"What are the sents?" I asked, coming over to him. He went behind me and reached over me. Still tall enough to see clearly over my head and pick out candles.

"This one is suppose to smell like a pool." He carefully opened the sample and brought it to my nose.

"Smells like chlorine."

He did the same and shrugged. "It does."

He picked out a few more until he started laughing. "Look at this one. 'The stripper Candle."

"Shut up." I laughed. He brought the sample to my nose and I shook my head. "Cinnamon and like hot chilli peppers."

"Aw, it smells so strange."

I laughed and turned around to face him. "Lets go in other stores."

He nodded in agreement as we walked down the cute sidewalk. "This city is so precious. We need to come back he-"

I was cut off by being pulled into an ally way. My mouth was covered and I was pulled away from Dylan's hand. I was hidden with someone behind a dumpster as I heard Dylan screaming my name.

I turned my head slowly as I spotted Britt staring at me angrily. My mouth still covered so my screams were muffled.

"I see you're not a girl who keeps her word?"

"Ei wes hust oing y ob."

"What?" She removed her hand from my face.

"DYLAN!" I yelled.

"Sky!" He stated, running behind the dumpster. "Britt. Let go of her." Britt surprisingly did as instructed and I rushed over to him, collapsing in his arms. More afraid then mad.

"Why don't you hate her?!" Britt screamed.

"Why would I hate her?"

I was partially hoping he would play along, but if he did she wouldn't believe a word of it. So maybe it was best that he didn't.

"Dylan. You have to fall back in love with me!"

"Why would I? You cheated on me with some guy you had just met." He fought back.

"You can't post that recording public." I frowned.

"Oh I can and I will."

I felt my heart drop. This was all going to be over. Just one simple click could end both Mine and Dylan's lives. Should I just go for it and try to take the phone out of her hand and delete the video? It's literally the only thing left to do.

I pried myself from Dylan and yanked the phone from her hand. And as quickly as possible with shaking hands I deleted the video. And, just to make sure she hadn't had any copies on her phone, I smashed it to the ground. Watching the screen shatter and blink once or twice before shutting off.

I turned around. Facing Dylan and then Britt. Britt looked beyond angry and Dylan looked relieved and surprised.

"Now you can't. And you won't."
__________________
Update.