33

I walked out of the bathroom as I saw Dylan standing there worried. He instantly got relieved when he saw me. I was an absolute mess, and I was almost certain it was written all over my face.

"Thank god. Oh thank god, I thought something happened."

"Yeah yeah, I want to go home." I said, my voice clear of emotion.

He nodded, "of course. Lets go."

As we were walking to the car, I could tell Dylan thought something was wrong. He stopped me and turned me around. "Are you okay? What's wrong? Are you sick? Hurt?"

"I'm fine. I'm just doing my job"

He rose his eye brow. "Your job? What."

"My job. I'm getting paid to do this. Remember I signed a contract? Weren't you there?"

"Yeah...But were actually dating. For Gods sake we just said we loved each other."

I shrugged. "I guess my acting has gotten better." I began walking back to the car as he ran back up to me.

"Sky? What the hel-"

"Leave me alone."

"No. Okay no." He shouted. He grabbed my hand, turning me around. But not a forceful pull back. It was still gentle. Even though he was probably confused and angry. "What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing."

"Why are you acting like this?"

"Acting like what?" I shrugged.

"Acting like you hate me? I love you Skylar."

Gosh. I love you too. So much. So so much.

"Can we just go home." I asked, a tear slipping from my eye. I quickly wiped it away but I was positive that he saw because his expression changed drastically. He looked to the ground in pity.

"Don't cry."

"Can we please leave Dylan?" I asked, a slight sob escaping my lips. He nodded as we made our way to the car in silence.

As we entered the car, I grabbed a purple jacket from the back seat and slipped it on. I was cold, and the jacket was a little long. Shoot, was this Dylan's? I could feel him smile a little that I was wearing his jacket. But then it faded when he probably remembered the conversation we just had.

"Can you tell me what's wrong?"

"Nothing is wrong Dylan"

"Why are you acting like you hate me? Why are you acting like everyone else?"

I looked at him and rose my eye brow. "Everyone else?"

That made me feel awful. I was destroying him? What was I doing?

"Sorry, I- didn't really mean to say that. Can you just tell me why you're acting like this? And I don't want to hear that you've changed because that's bull."

I shrugged. "I-I think that it would be better for us to st-ay just friends?" It came out as more of a stuttered question. Totally unbelievable I may add.

He rolled his eyes and glanced at me, before turning his gaze back to the road. "Okay tell me the real reason now."

My voice cracked, "I am."

"Seriously Sky, you can tell me."

I raced my hands through my hair and shook my head. "I'll talk about this when we get into the house"

"Fair enough."

••••••••

"Alright." Dylan stated as we arrived into the house. "Tell me."

As I was trying to come up with an excuse, Dylan squinted his eyes and tilted his head a bit. "wait-what is." He took his hand and carefully placed it on my chin. Tilting my head to the side.

"It- It's a bruise? And all red. It looks like, someone...hit you. Skylar."

He let his hand fall and he raced his fingers through his hair. "Sky, did someone hit you? And don't lie to me."

"N-No."

"Sky"

I was silent.

"It's either yes or no? Did someone hit you."

"No. No one hit me. I was in the bathroom and I slipped and fell landing on my face. Yes embarrassing I know."

He crossed his arms and rose his eye brow. "Really?"

"Really." I lied. "What time is it?"

"Uh, almost 4."

I nodded. "I'm going to take a shower."

He sighed and collapsed on the couch, "Go ahead."
_____________________
Update?