39

I drove down to the bar and looked at it intensely. It looked so sketchy and I was about to go in there. I swear if Liz gave me some random address to a bar as some sick joke. I would kill her. But I'm going to go in anyway. For the sake of Dylan.

God bless my soul.

I walked inside the dark room. Drunk bodies scattered throughout the place. The stench of alcohol and smoke. I made my way to the back of the bar, the more secluded part. People were shouting at me, whistling as well. But I just tried to ignore it.

"Dylan!" I screamed, "Dylan?"

After about a minute of calling his name and looking. I spotted him in the back. Alone in a booth, sipping on a brown beverage.

"Dylan." I sighed, walking over to him. "what are you doing."

"Sitting." he slurred.

"Well now we're going to go home. Alright."

"I-I don't want to."

I chuckled. But it was not a happy chuckle. It was a 'I'm getting so pissed off and you better get in the dang car before I go all serial killer on you' chuckle. "Well we are so stand up. I don't want the press finding us."

He looked at me. His hazel eyes dull and weary. "Fine. We can go."

He stood up. Almost tripping over himself. I grabbed his arm and draped it over my shoulder. Quickly speed walking to the car.

"Y-You know I can walk by-by myself." he slurred. I rolled my eyes.

"That's hilarious, now get in the car." I understand that I was being a bit...unreasonable and mean. But I couldn't help it. I was pissed off, stressed and tired. And those don't mix well together. He collapsed in the car and looked down at his hands. I started the car, not giving a second thought about seat belts and drove off.

I just wanted to get home.

"I know something happened." I frowned. "Liz told me that you do this when you're upset and I'm not sure exactly what happened but when we get home I'm-" I cut my rambling self off when Dylan looked at me. Tears were running down his face and his hair was a mess. I pulled over to the side of the road and stopped the car with a jolt. I didn't say anything. I just reached over and hugged him. Because I knew he needed one. And reassuringly, He hugged me back.

"I'm sorry." I could hear him sobering up. "You're the one comforting me when I should be the bigger person and comforting you. I should be able to be strong. Not weak. I'm such a mess and I'm sorry."

"No you're not. You're strong Dylan...I love you."

"I love you too." he whispered. I pulled away from him.

"What happened?" I know I shouldn't be pushing him to tell me. But I was so confused and scared on what had happened. The anticipation was killing me and the worry was eating me alive.

"Britt is dead. She killed herself. They couldn't move her fast enough to her new cell and I....I.." he just lost his words and shook his head.

I hugged him again, this was awful. Yes. She had done some terrible terrible things but. He loved her. He cares about everyone and everything. And like I said before, that's just the way he is.

"I'm sorry. You know I love you so much Sky, it's just. I care and I don't know why...."

"It's okay." I smiled lightly. "It's ok."

I started up the car again. Beginning to drive home. Constantly telling Dylan that it was not his fault. Because he has it in his mind that it is. Which is Insane.

We finally made it home in one piece. I dragged him up to our home and locked the door. Before taking him to our bedroom. He struggled to take off his shoes, refusing that I help him but I did anyways. I took off his jacket as well. Setting it on the floor and watching as he quickly passed out on the bed. Probably due to the alcohol.

But that night I didn't even bother taking off my make up. Not even changing into my pajamas. I was way too tired to even function. So I sent Liz a quick text saying that I got him and collapsed next to him. Hearing him mumble "I love you sky"

Barley audible, but it was still there. And I responded.

"I love you too."
__________________
Update?