37

"That candle shop was cool. We could finish looking around there."

I shrugged, "eh, maybe."

"We could go get food?"

I put my head in my hands, "I dunno."

"What's wrong, Sky?" Frowned Dylan, carefully taking my head out of my hands.

"I just don't really feel like doing anything today. I'm tired."

Dylan gave me a reassuring smile. "Just for a few hours? Liz's orders."

"I know. I know."

"So, any suggestions?"

"Let's do what you said. I want to walk around where the candles are."

Dylan smiled, "Okay, you sure you're okay about yesterday."

"Of course, besides we'll be together."

He nodded in agreement as I slipped on one of the jackets lying around the house and we were eventually out of the door.

•••••••

"You know what we need?" I stated, looking around the nice furniture shop.

"Hm?"

"We need a cute lamp. At night our living room is always so dark." I looked at him, he smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, It's always pitch black."

"Now where are the lamps?" I asked, slowly gazing around the shop.

He pointed to the right of the store. "I like those ones."

I turned around and saw a table filled with lamps. "Well let's go over to them."

We picked out a beachy looking lamp. It was fairly small but the base was clear and filled with small shells. The top was a standard white color.

"I like it." he smiled. "It's a bit girly but I like it."

"It's not girly." I slapped him playfully.

"Yeah yeah." He laughed, looking down at me. A small smile crept on his face and he kissed my lips softly. "I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled back at him. And I meant it.

We walked out of the store and came out to the small square in the center of the town playing music.

"It's a band." I smiled, as Dylan inter-winded our fingers again.

"Their really good."

"Yeah, they are."

Dylan looked at me and smirked. I knew what he wanted to do and "dancing" is the last thing I want to do because I'm completely awful at it.

"Let's dance."

"Ha, you're hilarious." I smiled beginning to walk away. He grabbed my hand and spun me into his grip. Our hands were connected, and one of his hands was on my waist.

"Ready?"

"No. Dylan. No."

As the beat kept on, Dylan moved us along to it.

"Oh my god, I look so stupid dancing. This is insane." I frowned, as Dylan continued to sway us to the music.

"Stop caring, Sky. Try to let loose."

I smiled at him slightly. "I can let loose."

"Mhmm."

"I can!"

"Then prove it?" He smiled.

"You are the cheesiest person ever and I hate you." I chuckled. After a few moments of us dancing like idiots, the song ended and we were able to leave.

"Thank. The. Lord." I sighed, scurrying away.

"You know you loved it."

I looked at him and rose my eye brow "I will admit nothing."

We had both agreed on just heading back home, because we were both tired and we had done enough to please Liz today.

"So is her real name Liz or Elizabeth?" I asked while opening the door, inserting the key in the lock.

"I'm not sure? I'm guessing Elizabeth because-" He was cut off by me opening the door and screaming a colourful word.

There was a person. In our house. A. Person. Of course our house was dark so I wouldn't make out who it was, but I screamed and ran into Dylan. Almost dropping our newly purchased lamp.

"Dylan there is a person in our house who the-"

"It's okay, it's just Liz."

I turned around and saw that the light had been turned on and that she was staring at me intensely. Or like I was a complete idiot. Either way I didn't like it.

"Isn't that illegal? Breaking and entering? Couldn't I have you arrested? Dear lord I almost died Liz what the-"

"Calm down. I'm just here to tell you....about Britt."

"What is it?" Asked Dylan. I looked up at him and then back at Liz for an answer.

"I just wanted to tell you, that Britt hasen't been doing good." she paused.

"What do you mean?" Dylan and I said in usion.

"I mean. They don't know what's wrong with her. Tomorrow they are going to move her to a special cell. Where she can't hurt herself."

Dylan stiffened up. I guess I can relate? They both loved each other. Even though she did...alot of things that were awful to us. He still cared. That's just his personality. And now she's trying to hurt herself? I've even read stories about abusive husbands and parents, and yet the wife or children would still care about them.

"Hurt herself?"

"Dylan. It's not your fault at all. It's not that bad, I was just told to inform you. she's going to be completely fine. Hey. In a few weeks you can even visit her."

He calmed down a bit "Oh okay."

I looked up at him. "It will be fine." And then I turned to Liz. "So you sat here for hours, waiting for us to come home. When you could have just called us?"

"Well-I. I guess I could have? I have to go. Dylan. She'll be fine. I promise." She smiled lightly before leaving our home.

I turned to Dylan. "Are you okay?"

He looked down a bit and smiled. "I'm fine. Besides, I have you. And you're amazing."

"I love you."

"I love you too." He smiled, kissing me lightly.
___________________
Update?