43

THREE MONTHS LATER

LONGISH CHAPTER

"Dylan! Turn the heat down, the water is boiling over!" I yelled. Dylan frantically leaped over to the pot, turning the heat down and fanning it off before it over flowed.

"Whew." we both sighed in usion, causing us to erupt in a fit of giggles.

"Close one McCal."

"Thank you O'Brien."

I began to stir the noodles in the boiling water as Dylan came up behind me.

"I love you. I love you so so much."

I looked up at him, and pecked him on the lips slightly. "I love you so so much too." I mocked.

He turned me around and kissed me passionately. The same cliche fire works and butterflies from the very first time. The very beginning.

"We need to make the pasta. The company will be here soon."

Dylan groaned and worked on the pasta sauce. "Are you excited to see them?"

I shrugged, glancing at him. "Terrified. I still can't believe you convinced me to do this."

"They miss you. And mine can't wait to meet you."

"Hopefully there still as nice as they were on the phone." I chuckled nervously.

"I still can't believe how I convinced you to call them after all of these years? I'd say it's a miracle."

"Ha. Ha. Ha." I rolled my eyes.

The door bell rang as my eyes grew in fear. "Dylan. ohmygoshimgoingtohaveaheartattack."

"Woah there babe, don't get too excited."

I narrowed my eyes at him, "I will kill you. But, the babe thing is cute."

He smiled. "I'm just kidding, You'll be fine, babe."

He opened the door and there stood Dylan's father and sister. "Dad! Julia!" He beamed, looking happier than ever. I smiled to myself and made my way out of the kitchen, shooting them a friendly wave.

"Hi, I'm Skylar."

They smiled at me and came over, pulling me into a tight hug. "So glad to finally meet you Skylar! Dylan has talked about you non stop. And sorry, we're huggers."

I chuckled and pulled away from them. "So how was the drive?"

"Good, good. Went along very smoothly." Dylan's fathers said.

Julia nodded, "Yes, California is just as pretty as I remember it."

"Yeah, it's very beautiful here." Dylan smiled, coming over and putting his arm around my waist. He kissed me quickly, listening as Julia cooed.

"Holy heck, their precious."

"Yeah yeah, let's try to keep the physical affection on a down low." Dylan's father chuckled.

The doorbell rang again as my breath hitched. I quickly tensed up and Dylan squeezed my hand reassuringly. I went over to get the door while Dylan brought his parents over to the dining room.

As I opened the door, I was instantly pulled into a huge hug.

"Skylar!" My mom said into my shoulder.

My dad finished her sentence "We missed you so much!"

I smiled lightly, pulling away slightly. "I...I uh, missed you too."