Chapter 2 : Family Ties

Porsche POV

Don’t tell me you are going to drop me off at the same gas station again.” Said the hoarse voice from the man behind me. Right now, his condition is better than yesterday, even though there are still signs of bruising on his face. Bruises from either the previous fight or from the fighting chaos we just went through.

Arrrrghhhh, they are coming!” I exclaimed. I wasn’t talking to him; I was talking to myself in a low voice after glancing in the rear-view mirror and accelerating when I saw the man in black on a motorbike trying to catch up with us. Today is time for action. The bike behind me was trying to match my speed on the highway but didn’t go faster than us. I didn’t stop and kept looking for a way off the main road, turning into a small narrow alley with a bumpy road. My ability to navigate this rough off road shouldn’t be doubted as my motorbike is an off-road motorbike with agile manoeuvrability. I have no doubt I can leave the man in black behind.

Be careful!” Kinn’s hoarse voice flew away as the wind hit his face. One hand gripped my waist tightly while the other is holding on to the back of the seat.

Hold on tight.” I ordered him before driving my bike faster. He released his grip from behind the chair and hugged me tightly. His head rested on my back to avoid the wind that was hitting his face.

Hey, I am not dead…” The husky voice said before looking around. I turned off my motorbike engine after sensing that no one was following us anymore. This is because the road I had taken was extremely complicated and difficult for ordinary motorbikes to ride so that no one would be able catch up with us. I let out a sigh of relief when my motorbike arrived in front of my house.

Where is this?” I actually didn’t want to take the risk of bringing him to my house. But in an emergency like now, the area I know the most is the road around here. And without realizing it, this road had led me straight to my house. Kinn breathed a sigh of relief, as if he had just been on a tour of hell, then followed the path towards my house.

Wait!” I said, stopping him in his tracks. I did not turn to him, just took a cigarette from my pocket, and lit it until the white smoke flew in the wind.

“…” He did not say anything, just looked at me and raised his eyebrow questioningly

Fifty thousand …” I said, holding the cigarette in my mouth, then turned my body to look.

Huh …” He chuckled in his throat, then made a face of disbelief.

Yesterday my watch…” Before he finished speaking, I quietly swallowed and interrupted him.

Yesterday... was yesterday; it has nothing to do with today.” Actually, I was secretly worried that he would ask for his watch back; because I had already sold it to pay for Che’s school semester bill, repair the air conditioner and pay off all the debts until there was no money left.

Yesterday you asked me for fifty thousand, today you asked me for fifty thousand, the total should be one hundred thousand total. Meanwhile, you took my watch which can be sold for at least four hundred thousand. If you are not stupid, you can find a shop that will buy it. Otherwise, I will pay in advance.”

The man smiled, which made me momentarily considering punching his cocky face as he glared at me. Those eyes had a terribly ferocious light locked on me as if they wanted to show that he was no ordinary person. His face had several bruises in several areas, but that did not make the face of an Asian-European mixed race look any less handsome. Today, I saw his face clearly, with all the traits and personality of a well to do family. I didn’t respond, staying silent as he would make calculations with me later.