Chapter 4 : My Name is Porsche

Porsche POV

I drove my motorbike with that person riding piggyback behind me. He looked like a person who had just lost half of his life and was about to face judgement day. Unexpectedly, my uncle Athie had called me to pick him up. As we headed back, he didn’t ask questions and didn’t answer any of mine, only asking me to take him home.

“Let’s get down off the bike first,” I said in a soft voice. It was easy for him to follow me. He frowned as I turned the key to turn off the engine and slowly pushed my motorbike into the empty backyard. I then proceeded to jump up and climb the wall then hoisted myself up.

“What are you doing?” My uncle was a little confused as I reached out my hand to him.

“Shhhh! Don’t be so noisy. Hurry up and get upstairs.” Uncle reached out his hand then pulled his body up onto the edge of the wall before I jumped down to the floor as quietly as possible.

“Why do you have to climb into your own house?” Uncle snorted in disbelief, blowing his hair. I ignored him and motioned for him to come down from the wall. I looked left and right before opening the back door very slowly so as not to make the slightest sound and went through into the house.

“Phew! I managed to hold on for another day,” I said. I took a deep breath before I scowled and warned Athie, who was following behind me, to not switch on the light.

“Don’t turn on the light!” I hissed.

“What is your problem?” he asked with a confused look on his face as I walked across the room and used a lighter to light a half-melted candle from the night before.

“Don’t talk so loud,” I said. My uncle was even more confused when I took a fan out of a drawer.

It won’t be hot for too long, so don’t turn on the air conditioner!”

What? Did you forget to pay your power bill?” Athie asked in confusion, picking up the fan while I walked to the window, slightly opening the curtains. I saw two men in black sitting on cool motorbikes and looking inside my house. 

Damn it, when will they stop looking for me?

It had been two days since Kinn had sent people to look for me at the club and at my home. I felt like I was being haunted. I found that due to this, I had to take a break from working at the club. Jade said someone came to ask for a guy named Jom every night. This caused an ominous tingling feeling to go up my spine. Plus, Jade's words backed me even further into a corner.

What problem does Mr. Kinn have with you? Hurry up and meet him so you can apologize to him. Mr. Kinn is not your everyday ordinary person.”

The fear that I was trying to hide was growing bigger by the day, deep down in my heart. As more people were looking everywhere for me under the name Jom, it confirmed that Kinn was coming after me and would not let me go easily.

What the hell did you do to get noticed by the mafia, Porsche?” Athie asked as he walked to the curtain and looked out in the same direction as me.

It looks like I will have to do something, but what? What should I do?” I hurriedly changed the subject, not daring to say that I had extorted money and taken items belonging to Kinn, and now he was determined to find me.

“…” My uncle plopped down onto the old sofa and sighed.

Hey, welcome back,” I said to my brother Che, who was wearing a sleeveless T-shirt and sweat-soaked shorts.