Chapter 8 : The Disaster that Followed

Porsche POV

I frowned as I clung on to the edge of the pool. I’m not even on the swimming exam today and yet I still can’t get my head straight. The situation I am in now, I feel like if I dive deep into the water and was then sucked down underground, would I be able to withstand it and survive? 

I can’t stop thinking about the fish I killed last night. I have no idea what will happen to me next. I will admit, I really don’t want to face any more problems at work.

I really want to drown myself after all the koi fish died just because they were too sensitive to a certain ‘foreign liquid’ that had entered the pond.

What’s with the long face?” Tem asked as he swam over to me and Jom, who was crouching by the pool, walked over to us. They looked at me expectantly, waiting for an answer. Jom’s current body condition doesn’t allow him to take the swimming test today, so he has to do a written report instead.

What the hell are you on about? How was my time? Well, I saw the professor noting results down.” I took a deep breath, which caused even more confusion because I normally don’t show my emotions. Except, this time, it’s because I am really stressed.

I’m freaking out! Okay?” I said as I lifted myself from the pool and sat beside Jom.

What’s the problem? Tell me about it, maybe I can help,” Tem said, still floating in the water, as he looked at me anxiously. The more I looked at that bastard wearing an orange swim cap, the more the images of dead koi fish flashed in my mind, damn it! If I had accidentally killed a fish elsewhere, I could just apologize and be done with it. But I had accidently killed the koi fish that belonged to the mafia leader’s favorite eldest son! My life is over!!!

What am I going to do?!” I asked as forcefully rubbed my face. My two friends were even more awkward because they might be seeing me showing this type of mood for the first time.

What did that mafia bastard do now? I’ll kick his ass!!!” Jom made a fierce face as he raised his voice until Tem splashed water on him, abruptly cutting off his screams.

Look at your own condition first, bastard!! What a bold mouth!” Tem scolded Jom. 

Hey, it would be very satisfying. Just look at what they did to me! Come on!” Jom’s face was full of frustration and anger every time he talked about it. I really feel guilty for using his name when Kinn asked for my name. I had apologized, explained everything to him and of course, he was furious. So, I offered to provide lunch for the entire month, so he is now back to his normal self, being an annoying bastard.

Then they both realized that I now work for the mafia house. They strongly objected and were worried about my choice, but I explained that I did it because of the house deeds and the threats from that bastard Kinn. Besides that, the offer they gave me was generous. They listened to my explanation, but still didn’t agree with my choice.

Tem, can you take off your cap first?” I asked in a soft voice. Tem was still floating in the pool and his swimming cap reminded me of the orange koi Sebastian which made me feel mentally unwell.

What? I tried to choose a color that suits me.  Don’t worry, when you take the test, you will get good marks,” Tem said as he took off his cap, then hopped out of the pool and sat beside me.

Are you alright?” Tem gently asked me again.

“I killed Elizabeth and Sebastian ...” I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.