Chapter 19 : Lost

Porsche's POV

The sky had started to lighten up and I have no idea what time it is or howlong I've been sleeping. What I do know is that I feel a lot better than I did yesterday. Even though I'm still sore in some places, my condition has improved from what it was before.

"Are you awake already?" A raspy voice echoes from my back as Kinn, who is holding my hand, starts to stir. His breath fanning across the back of my neck gives me instant chills.

"..."

"Did you sleep well?" He asks quietly.

"Yeah." I also answer softly.

I don't want to admit it, but his embrace is really warmand I'm feeling somewhat attached to it...

"Then get up now. You're hurting my arm, it's getting numb." Kinn's tone was playful.

"Let my hand go. Then I'll get up."

I say in a matter-of-fact tone. I pry open his hand and hurriedly push myself away from his body. Kinn lets out a low, manly chuckle and eventually sits up. After a few stretches, he stands and picks up his shirt.

He then lifts mine and throws it on my direction making me jerk up my hands to catch it. I immediately put my shirt on and notice that Kinn is pacing towards the entrance of the cave.

"Where are you going?" I ask him.

"I'll just check the sky. Wait here, I'll be right back." I didn't respond to him and just sit there looking at his broad back as heleaves. Last night, as much as I hate to admit, the feeling of his warm skin against mine was so comfortable-as if I was sleeping on a soft bed, with a warm blanket covering me.

And what's worse, I didn't find me at all and allowed him to cuddle me until morning. I shook my head, trying my best to snap out of my delusion and looked for some wet leaves to put out the remainder of the fire. We really need to get away from this place or everything about this forest will drive me fucking insane.

How far have we gone into the woods? I'm afraid that we ran so fast yesterday that we won't be able to find our way out of this forest. At least I'm not alone. It's been half an hour, but there's still no sign of Kinn coming back, so I decide to look for him. Did he get lost? With the thickness of the trees and darkness of the forest, the possibility of him losing his way is real.

I know Ishouldn't be scared like this, but the thought of Kinn getting lost in the forestis making me extremely anxious.I'm still his head bodyguard, so his safety is my priority. That's it-that's probably the reason why I'm like this... Right?I walk a few meters away from the cave as I keep looking for Kinn but there is still no trace of the bastard yet.

Did he run away and leave me alone here in the forest? Maybe he already thought of me as a burden, so he just left me here to starve. The fucking bastard is cunning, so it's not impossible that my theory is right.

I was immersed in my thoughts when suddenly a strange noise catches myattention. My footsteps halt as I reach a riverbank and I frown. The suddensound of a wood cracking and a heavy impact of something hitting the water reaches my ears, making me flinch in fear. I try to lessen the tension I suddenly feel by considering that it was probably Kinn playing with the water. But the other part of me screams that maybe he was abducted by some kind of forest creature and now he is being chopped to death! I don't want to see it with my own eyes, but my feet betray me, and Iwalk quickly in the direction of the sound.

"What the hell are you doing Kinn!?"

I suck in a breath of air and walk over to see Kinn holding a wooden...spear?When I recover from my surprise, I figure he probably made it from nearby branches.