Chapter 5 : The Negotiation

Kinn POV

I sat on the couch with my legs crossed, playing with the gun in my hand while I stared at the ornate dragon carved into the door. I found myself waiting in anticipation for a certain someone, a person that I had been hunting and toying with.

He has arrived,” one of my subordinates informed me. 

Not long after that, the door opened and revealed a tall figure standing in the doorway. The tattoo on his arm stood out so blatantly underneath his white shirt that I couldn’t help but glance at it while his eyes scanned the room before he walked in and stared at me furiously.

Sit down!” Big ordered him to sit on the sofa in front of him.

“…” The room was silent as no one spoke, not even me. Porsche continued to stare at me as I looked him in the eye, not backing down, unwilling to give any sign of weakness.

What the hell do you want?” Porsche asked me in an icy tone. His usual look of confidence now looked wary, full of suspicion that I hadn’t seen before. He glanced briefly at the bodyguard who was wearing a black mask. His face clearly looked uneasy as if frightened by the masked man.

I told you earlier. I want you to come and work for me,” I said without blinking an eye. 

As soon as I had finished speaking, Porsche’s rough voice filled the room.

I will not work for you!”

Hmm, you seem to be more stubborn than I thought.” I laughed as I observed his attitude and scrutinized his behavior. Porsche came across as an aggressive and stubborn individual, but really, he was a person who tried to look tough while hiding what he was really feeling deep inside. On top of that, he seemed to be unwilling to interact with new people. I may only have been in my mid-twenties, but I had been through a lot. The things that I had been through had not only helped shape me into someone who could accurately identify a person’s weaknesses, but had also given me the knowledge of how to deal with such a person.

Why are you doing this to me?”

Oh, and what have I done to you?” I asked while trying to suppress a smile.

You are harassing the people around me, preventing me from working, and you continuously hunt me down to work for you.”

Go on.”

You have also caused chaos at the place I work and threatened Jade so that she had no choice but to fire me, leaving me without a job. You and your men also attacked the wrong person, knowing that it wasn’t me. How ridiculous!

Oh, you mean that person named Jom. I meant to teach you a lesson so that no one would dare to trick me in the future,” I said as I continued to look at him.

You need to stop bothering the people around me!”

If I hadn’t done that, would you be standing here in front of me right now?” I asked. Porsche looked like he was becoming increasingly impatient. This was good because then he would join in my game without even realizing it. When dealing with someone like Porsche, if you tried to go up against him using your strength, he would never give up, and you would have to fight with all your heart. But if you used the method of targeting the people around him, he would soon be backed into a corner, just like he was now.

Don’t tell me that I’m a bad person. I had personally tried to negotiate with him, but he refused to listen. If I hadn’t run into problems recently, there was no way I could have held these many cards to my advantage in the negotiation between us. This stubborn person had always liked opposing me, so I had to make it clear that he was dealing with the wrong person.