Chapter 7 : Porsche First Day

Porsche POV

I stood, pausing long enough to mourn my life choices before driving through the imposing golden gates. I signed my name in and the guard directed me to the parking lot beside the guard post. I took a deep breathe, staring at the people in black suit uniforms standing or sitting throughout the property and house. I began to wonder, why did they have so many bodyguards congregating here? What kind of business was the owner of the house involved and how successful was the business?

I walked in wearing my university uniform amidst the unfriendly gazes from a group of people standing close to each other and focusing on me. I looked back with an expression of indifference, before walking into the house.

Oh… you have arrived for work?”  

As I promised.” As soon as my feet stepped over the edge of the doorway, I see Phi Chan with one hand holding a document and the other holding a coffee cup, walking toward a room. I glanced around the house again and I still haven’t got used to it as the atmosphere is eerie and silent.

You can head on in.”  

I followed Phi Chan into what appeared to be a meeting room, with a projector screen, tables and chairs neatly lined up.  

You need to remember to pay respects to the adults,” Phi Chan commented while picking up several boxes and placing them on the table.

Oh, yes…Hello.” I raised my hand and wai’d casually. I still feel a bit anxious and out of my comfort zone, so it is normal for me to be a little absent-minded.

Hey, by the way…. yesterday, did you have a fight with Big?” Phi Chan asked.

Yeah… but he started it,” I replied honestly.

As long as you are working here, try to have a good relationship with those you work with. Don’t get into or cause trouble and don’t make things difficult for Khun Kinn.” As soon as I heard his name, I looked away, a little embarrassed, as I recalled the way Kinn had had his hand around my throat.

“…”

“Take a seat first.” Phi Chan gestured his hand towards the chair. So, I did as he requested.

“This is your gun and your knife. When you are outside with Khun Kinn, take them with you. Do you know how to use a gun?” I nodded because when I was a child I liked to play with guns. When I grew up, the activity I really like besides Taekwondo is shooting.

“Also… you must remember, your job is to do whatever you have to do to keep Khun Kinn safe at all times.” Phi Chan handed the black box to me.

“Then will I be apprehended by the police if I accidentally shoot someone?” I asked what I really wanted to know, because he had given me a gun like it was a box of snacks. If I accidentally hurt someone, would Khun Kinn go to jail in my place?

“Everything that happens to people here is outside the law.” Was he trying to say that Khun Korn had everything organized? Just how far would I have to go? What business is he running?

“Then may I ask, just who is it that I have to protect Kinn from?”

“Everyone who would try to hurt Khun Kinn…” replied Phi Chan. Well then, you better put me on that list too, hehehe.

“There are many people who either owe us money, are our business competitors or… our business partners,” he answered. 

“…”