Chapter 10: The Market

Kinn POV

Egotistic by MAMAMOO

After Khun swapped Pete for Porsche and left the room, I smiled with anticipation and apprehension because I can only begin to guess how much trouble those two will cause as chaos follows where ever they go.

I know Khun will do something that is ridiculous  and crazy. As for Porsche, I am sure Porsche will not go along with Khun’s crazy ideas.

However I have enough to think about, so they are no longer my concern. Let’s just wait and see what happens next.

Uh… Khun Kinn. Porsche is meant to work tonight’s shift , right?” Pete asked cautiously.

Yeah...why is that?” I asked when I see his awkward expression.

Actually, today is my day off,” Hhe said quietly, looking off to the side, instead of at me.

Oh right! Then what are you still doing here?” I lifted my head from the computer pausing the game on the computer that Mew and Time ereare also playing online.

When Mr. Khun found out that Khun Vegas and Macau were coming, he called me in to work and dragged me here to play tricks on them both.,” Pete replied with a sigh, looking decidedly very tired.

*t/n: Pete… how we love his never-ending patience lol.

Huh…Just thinking about it, I feel tired. You must be tired of dealing with Khun’s antics, get some rest.” I laughed with a shake of my head. This house already has one troublemaker, and that is bad enough. hHowever, with the arrival of Porsche… I think I will have a lot of headaches.

“Khun Kinn is not going anywhere today, right?” Pete asked which I answered with a nod. Just the sound of Pete’s gentle, polite voice made my ears and head feel better and the room, which had always felt it had a storm’s wind brewing, became temporarily calm.

“Should I wait until Big comes in for work?”

“No need, I am going to rest and stay in today.,” I replied calmly.

Pete slightly lowered his head and walked out of the room. I took a deep breathe, breathing out as I  lie leaned back on the back of the chair. I am feeling so exhausted today! In all honesty, when I lose my temper, I find it particularly challenging to control my thoughts and emotions.

Today I had accidentally slapped Porsche with all my strength. I have never done anything like that  to any of my bodyguards before. I instantly regretted what I did and now feel guilty for letting my emotions get the better of me.

I had not anticipated that he share what he was feeling so frankly. I hadn’t realized that I had caused him so much hurt, which has made realize that I hadn’t listened to him all this time. When I think about it, I  have always seen him as the reason behind all the recent problems , because he always does things that lead to more chaos and problems for this family. But I also understand he will not follow or obey me since I have been so harsh with him. It makes sense for him to be angry and hateful towards me.

It’s true, I like teasing and chasing him. The more he resists, the more it makes me think that I wanted to win over him. He is the first person who has got under my skin, making me feel out of sorts and not my normal self, all the time. When I see his face, I always lose self-control and I do not know why. But it is not because I like him or thought of him a romantic way.

I admit he is handsome with a God -like body and incredibly attractive, but my type of person is not like that and of course I never thought of or looked at him in that way.