Chapter 14 : Get in the way

Porsche's POV

Pete and I came home early than expected. And with a time and energy tospare, we play a round or two till early in the morning. As for my little brother, he didn't bother me anymore about the nature of my work. Maybe he understood already, or he's just too tired to argue with me.

Although I reallyhope that he understands me, because I'm just doing this for his sake.

AT SCHOOL

"Are you guys gonna play basketball? P' Ohm is asking for us." The three of us just finished studying and went down from the faculty to findsome activities to do.

"I'll pass. I have swimming practice tomorrow. Gotta save my energy."

Tem said while shaking his head. He's already way off practice since heauditioned to be our faculty's representative last time. I volunteered as aproxy, though I admit I might wing it because I also lack practice.

"Well tomorrow I have football practice too. How about you Porsche?Aren't you going to Judo practice?"

Jom asked.I remembered that I still have a Judo competition to attend to. I rarely cometo practice and even if I do, I'm usually just hanging around a minute or two.Not like P' Beam is complaining, but how I wish I can be diligent too like myfriends.

"I'll be sleeping tomorrow."
I'm still feeling some pain on my arm so I'm a bit unconfident about myperformance. But I know I'll be healed in time before the competition starts.The three of us are way too busy today so Tem and I then decided to go eat atthe back of my apartment instead of going far.

"Let's go eat this afternoon. I'm hungry." Tem look at me with an ailed expression.

"Hey, don't forget about me. I'm hungry too."Jom quickly catch up on us, halting my gesture.

"Then after we eat, stay with me for a while coz I'm lonely."

I playfully said to them.I don't know what's up with me lately. I keep on seeking for attention, thoughI don't make it too obvious because these bastards will definitely tease me.Maybe I'm just glad because I got to be with them again. But after this, I'll bedefinitely occupied.We were busy talking when someone got our attention.

"Hi."

A tall figure stopped in front of us and turned his face to my direction to greetme.I smiled faintly and nodded at the lad as a reply. He then walked towards us with a big smile masked on his face.

"We met him yesterday, right? What's his name again?"

Tem whispered to my ear.

"Aw, Veha!" the bastard randomly said with enthusiasm.

"Hei! Sawadee Veha."Jom then greeted confidently, completely unaware of what really is the nameof the person they're talking with.This kind of situations really makes me realize how stupid my friends are.

Sighh...The lad then let out a silent laugh and turned to look at them.

"Vegas. My name is Vegas."

"Oh that's right! Vegas! That's what I've said a while ago."Jom then gave Vegas a light tap on the shoulder.This bastard really doesn't know when to stop.

"It's nice to see you again.

"Vegas then said directly at me with a smile. I raised my eyebrows in piqueand turned my gaze to his uniform. I noticed that those were quite new,maybe he just transferred here yesterday and probably he's not my senior nor junior.