Chapter 31 : Edit

Kinn's POV

"Mr. Kinn, why don't you go and take a rest first? We'll just update youon the progress later."

Pol walked over to me with the third cup of coffee for the night. I was sitting stiffly, checking and rechecking everything carefully regardless of how much time had passed.

Both checked the documents and looked through the surveillance cameras around the house for evidence that will catch the culprit as soon as possible so he couldn't escape.

"The closed-circuit camera was hacked two weeks ago. I am trying to recover deleted data but the person who did this must be knowledgeable and very good at it. It sucks because the files got deleted and almost nothing was left."Arm stressed.

"Damn, I'm beat! . Just sort out the files. We only lost documents anyway. Somebody might have done an inside job on us Kinn And he must have been in our house for a long time. Otherwise, he won't be this intricate. As I see it, I think it's carefully planned."Kim slammed the papers in front of him harshly.

Everyone gathered in my office and lined up to sort expenses documents. Digging past transactions from ten years ago up to the latest, in case there will be clues and find the culprit from the remains of the additional documents. I believe that Porsche definitely has nothing to do with this.

And I will make sure to prove that. I will find the crook and punish them. It happens often in other companies and every time a person who was focused solely on being discreet gets caught easily, he must be a hired quack or something. I thought if one of our old-time employees who worked here for years knew about how our business works, one of them must be the mastermind.

And I have to admit that these missing documents affected us greatly. The missing files contained information about our business on illegal goods such as weapons and border real estate, including the payment's invoices. If that information leaked, our clients would lose their trust in us for revealing their secret identity.

It's all about the black market. All information must be highly confidential including the names, land, title deed, and the amount they ordered. It deals with all the unlawful deeds so safety was compromised.

And if the competitors having those documents was bad, the fact that the police could get a hold of them would be the end for us. That is why this is a very large issue for us. Even if we can buy the law often,this kind of large-scale illegalities cannot be covered up by the authorities on our side.

Missing documents also means that we are vulnerable. We might lose our reputation and the confidence of our clients who are ready to turn their backs on us anytime we screw everything up. We will lose a lot of money and the possibility of going bankrupt is large.

"Kim, write everything down, what kind of information is lost and who will benefit from it."I turned to my brother who was constantly tearing through the documents.

"Okay, I'll let Anon take notes."I asked for my brother's help regarding this matter. So they were all sitting inside my office.I couldn't use any of my own people that's why they have gone distant aswell. My guards who were outside the door felt agitated because I didn't let any of them help which means I am suspicious of them.

Because most of the missing documents were under my juris diction, Kim's people didn't know anything about it. It's only the employees working for me that we have a problem with, so when I ordered them to stay out of file checking, all of them lowered their heads to accept it. My order was absolute, to be fair with everyone.

I sat and sighed for the hundredth time.No matter how cold the air conditioner, my sweat ran continuously down my neck and back.It's almost five o'clock now. After Porsche packs his stuff and announces that he wants to resign without listening to anyone, I immediately recruited people to come up to find evidence. Besides, it's a large-scale business, I don't want Porsche to be the suspect.