Chapter 7 "It's the path I have chosen"

Jian, Tengen, Tengen's wives and Mirabel were walking around in Encanto. For some people it was weird to seeing you being surrounded by so many people and some of them were weirded by Tengen.

Suddenly the bullies who were bullying Mirabel and Jian eariler arrived.

"Hey look! It's the worthless Madrigal and mute weird firehead! That is the duo we don't see everyday! No wonder she didn't get her gift!"

"You are right! And now she is hanging out with those outlanders!"

"No wonder she is the outcast too!"

Jian looked at Mirabel who was clearly fighting her tears. It was breaking point for Jian. This time she was clearly pissed off.

"Hey!"

"Huh?" Bullies turned around and were clearly suprised by hearing Jian's voice.

"I would be happy if you wouldn't call me 'weird firehead'. It's my natural hair color.. Also leave Mirabel out of this...I know that she doesn't have gift so what! In this life we can't always get things we want! But still life is goes on...And you guys still say she is worthless.. She had been trying her best..While you guys? Have you ever been comiment for something in your life? I don't think so..You are here just calling us by names and mocking normal people without even knowing our story! DON'T YOU DARE THINK IS OKAY TO MOCK MY FRIEND LIKE THAT!

Your red eyes were cold and furious.
The deepness of your voice shivered Mirabel also. She had never seen you so angry. Tengen then walked behind the bullies. Also Hinatsuru, Suma and Makio were also little bit terrified your voice. To Tengen it seemed like you had a alot feelings inside and had keep those words for long time. Also that you were defending someone who is not your family was new to Tengen.

"Did I hear that right?"
"What is it old man?"

"Oh no."
"What now you weird firehead?"
"Well..It's just that..That is my former master... demon slayer and former shinobi.."
"Hah! What he can do?! He is so ol.."

Tengen then hitted bullies to their head.

"You first call my former student with weird names then call me an old man! That is not flamboyant at all! Then you have..audicity to call my student friend worthless!"

"We are sorry!" said bullies and runned away.

"Tch..Teenagers. Thinking that bullying others is flashy" said Tengen.

Jian was relieved. She didn't wanted to start fight for such a stupid reason. Tengen glanced Jian and was clearly worried about her. He didn't like that his former student were treated like that.It made him wonder "why did you stay such a place where you were treated like that?" or "why didn't return back to Demon Slayer Corps?". Even the corps treated Jian better than those villagers.

"Let me ask you Shuiro."

"What is it Tengen?"

"Why are you letting those kids treat you like that?"

"It's no problem...Really..Tengen. I am used to it."

Tengen was going to say something until he noticed Jian's small smile. It was a sign that you were really okay with it and learned how to live with it but this time it felt like something inside of you snapped.

"Are you thinking getting back to Demon Slayer Corps?"

Jian stopped and then looked at Mirabel. She was shocked hear that question but still understood that you had or have duty being a fighter. No matter were you being samurai or demon slayer.

"Tengen..I know I will be always welcomed to Demon Slayer Corps and I am still part of it. But not the same way like before...I am happy being in Encanto and this is the place I like to stay. I am doing everything in my power to protect it. I know you will ask for me to take a Hashira position like Kyojuro but I think..It's not my way of being warrior..I think also Kyojuro wouldn't want me to become Hashira either.

Tengen nodded at the end. He knew that he couldn't change your mind. If you were happy that was enough. In that mind of set you were like Kyojuro. Being wise but still optimistic.

(Chapter 7 📍📝 Picture from freepik.)