Chapter 24 "Akeboshi part 1"

Shuiro was left alone at plaza. She found everything so overwelming and sad. Then she remembered how after everything she was still outlander and not acepted as a citizen of Encanto.

"Shuiro.."

It was all of the Hashiras. They had seen a whole scene and were sad for you. The only person you could open your heart didn't wanted to hear your reason for saying such a thing.

Shuiro Rengoku was known for her beauty at her hometown. Everyone in her family wanted her to become oiran expect her dying mother, uncle and father. Especially Shuiro's mother's sisters wanted you to become one after your mother's death while you were still young. They didn't like that you were training to become swordwoman and wanted you to become more what is "suitable" for woman. One time they kidnapped you to Entertaiment District and were about to sold you one of the houses. Luckily your uncle Shinshiro found you and bringed you home. There also were countless fights over your future and nobody really asked what you really wanted.

(If you don't know what Oiran is..It's prostitute..Demon Slayer..Season 2 there are multiple of them)

You met one boy in your childhood before you moved to Encanto. You started like him as a friend..but you didn't know it was all of your aunts part of plan. The boy was a samurai's student and their plan was to force you to get married to him. In that time you lost all reason to trust anyone and love again. You only saw love as useless thing which was only in away in life. Luckily you met great comrades in Demon Slayer corps.

It wasn't that you didn't love Mirabel but those past experiences were too much for you. You wanted to show your feelings more but they were just so closed in your heart. Even though you wanted to open up more it was no use. It costed your own well-being but it made you furious and ruthless demon slayer.

"Shuiro.."
"It's okay..I hurted her right? It's only natural.."

Shuiro walked away.

Don't let it show..Get yourself to together..Shuiro Rengoku!

Shuiro punched the wall only leaving her knuckels bleeding and red.

This shouldn't be this hard!

Then Shuiro felt familiar wind in her hair.

Right, this isn't what I promised to my parents and Kyojuro..I promised to live like I wanted..as human..not someone who will get used...I think I need to think this one through..

Shuiro then looked at her bleeding hand and then runned back to her home. Senjuro was waiting for you back. He was really worried about your hand. You just shrugged it off and asked Senjuro for some bandage.

"Are you really okay Shuiro?"
"I am okay..Senjuro.."
"Tell me what's on your mind.."
"Senjuro..Tell me why humans are so complicated? Why is it so hard to please them?"
"I don't know..Shuiro..and I think we will never know.."
"You are right.."
"Shuiro..I think the best thing for you is to get some rest..Your battle with Uppermoon wasn't that long ago..And I can see..You are overworking yourself again..just to get used by people..I can see that you are not really over my brother's and your parents death..
I am not talking about taking one or two days off..You need whole month or even more...

Senjuro was right. You were thinking what other people were thinking of you but in reality it didn't matter. You needed the rest.

"If that's a case..Then I would like to play with my shamisen a little..or some tradional dance..Or reading some books.."
"But your hand.."
"It will be okay..Senjuro.."

Then your healing journey begun and month had passed. Hashiras returned at Japan with Kagaya Ubuyashiki. In the same time you didn't contact any of the Madrigals but soon you had to because of Dolores's wedding. Even after time had passed you still didn't know how to interact with Mirabel. You saw her time to time with other kids of her age but you didn't have courage to go to her. You were afraid her reaction. But still you were curious about her sudden change of mind. Usually she would listen what you had to say but now she was just ignoring you. Was it because of Abuela? Or did something else happend? You didn't know..

"Senjuro let's go to mountains for a bit.."
"Huh? Why? Is there.."
"It seems like important guest have arrieved.."
"You mean.."

It was the time that your familiar phonenix Blaze had returned. You had let him go after your father's death thinking that he would be happy and you didn't need him. But it seemed like your loyal familiar decided to return back. Shuiro was waving at Blaze.

"Glad to see you again old friend.." said Shuiro and bowed to Blaze.

Blaze nodded to you and chirped a little. You missed Blaze a alot and he was your only friend when you were just a beginner in Demon Slayer corps.

"So..cool!" shouted someone

Shuiro and Senjuro looked where voice came from. It was Antonio.

"Oh..Antonio..Hello.."
"Shuiro! Why didn't you tell me..that..you have phonenix as your familiar!?"
"Well..What would Phonenix Hashira be without phonenix?"
"That's so cool!"

Shuiro smiled a little at Antonio.

"You should bring him to Casita! So you could show him to others."

"I think that's not good idea Antonio.."
"Is it because of my cousin?"
"You know it's complicated.."
"No it isn't.."
"How do you know?"
"You are just making it complicated..What really is important is how you are feeling..What are your feelings towards Mirabel..I know you have hard past but that doesn't mean you can't move on.."
"Alright then.."
"You should tell her how you feel Shuiro. She isn't doing well.."
"I saw that.."
"Oh! And I wasn't really suppose to talk you."
"Why? What is the reason Antonio?"
"Because of Abuela and you broke my cousin's heart.."
"I see.." said Shuiro and rubbed her chin.

Shuiro then sighed. It was her time to forget the past and move on. Blaze landed on your shoulder and nodded.

Maybe is it my time to reborn as Phonenix like Blaze..Eventhough I have rise from death many times.. I am pretty certain..I want Mirabel to stay by my side..Look after her and seeing her progress as a person..And even love..

(Chapter 24 📝📍)