Chapter 42 "Gyomei's temple"

Shuiro runned to through the town. She had a place where she had to visit.After getting through the town she got to the stairs which leaded to Stone Hashira Gyomei Himejima's temple.

Mirabel who followed Shuiro was tired and even more frusfrated when she saw more stairs.

"Oh..great.." said Mirabel and sighed.

Shuiro who was faster had just got to a top. Then many children runned to her.

(LET'S JUST PRETEND THAT GYOMEI IS STILL TAKING CARE OF CHILDREN IN HIS TEMPLE..OKAY? okau..)

"Big Sister Shuiro! You came finally visit!"

"Hi..there" said Shuiro and smiled to children.

The children had a shocked face. They didn't that your voice sounded like that. Some kids were little scared and some kids were happy that they could finally hear your voice

There were some history with Shuiro and these kids. She used to watch over them when Gyomei were in mission and her dad wasn't able to take care of her while he was on his own..

"Shuiro! Look I learned to do a flip!"

Shuiro smiled and then asked:

"How about you guys show me what do you guys have learned while I was gone?"

The kids gathered around Shuiro and one by one they showed a new skill or what they were practicing. Lastly Shuiro clapped at them.

"Guys..That was amazing.."

"How about you Shuiro? Do you have anything that you want to show us?!"

Shuiro thinked about it a little bit and then said:

"Would you guys like to hear me sing?"

"Yes!!"

"Okay!"

Mirabel was out of her breath when she arrieved to Gyomei's temple. She then looked around and tried to find Shuiro. She looked everywhere but she didn't find her.

Where that idiot is? She runned this way..It better be important or else..

Then Mirabel heard a voice.

"Who is there?"

Gyomei walked to Mirabel eventhough he didn't see her.

"What are you doing in my temple?" asked Gyomei.

"I was looking for Shuiro.."

"Oh..I know that voice..Mirabel..right? If you are looking for Shuiro she is with kids backyard."

"Thank you.."

Mirabel continued to walk until she heard singing.

"Under the snow beneath the frozen streams there is life..You have to know when nature sleep she dreams there is life..And a colder the winter the warmer the springThe deeper the sorrow, the more our hearts sing
Even when you can't see it inside everything
There is life

After the rain the sun will reappear
There is life
After the pain the joy will still be here
There is life

For it's out of the darkness that we learn to see
And out of the silence that songs come to be
And all that we dream of awaits patently
There is life, there is life"

Shuiro had her eyes closed that she didn't notice Mirabel. Then she begun sing different song but this time there were no lyrics just humming.

Mirabel was stunted and children were looking at Shuiro with sparkles in their eyes.

Shuiro then looked at the children. The last song was somewhere far away from Shuiro's earliest memories. Maybe it was a song what her mother was singing before her death or..something else..Shuiro couldn't remember clearly.

What was that..? What is that song? Where..?

Shuiro then stood up but she didn't notice Mirabel. She then looked at the scenery and then sighed.

"Big Sister Shuiro...Are you okay?"

"I am okay..Thanks to you guys..I know what to do next.."

"Well...I hope it's food..I am hungry Big Sister Shuiro.."

Shuiro then looked at the child that said that and then smiled.

"You are always hungry..Haruto.." said Shuiro who laughed.

"No I am not! I just want to grow strong and tall as you Big Sister Shuiro!"

Shuiro messed up Haruto's hair and a boy growled by annoyence.

"Okay..Okay..Haruto I am going.. I am going.."

"Yay! Shuiro is making food! Shuiro is making a food!"

Shuiro and other children walked past Mirabel who stayed still. She was still stunted by hearing Shuiro's singing.

Gosh..Darn it! How can I stay mad at her? She is so good at everything! Singing, fighting, cooking..She is perfect in any way..So good..

Mirabel then followed kids and Shuiro to Gyomei's kitchen.

"Huh? Who are you lady?" asked one kid.

"Are we having new vistor? What is your name? Are you going to be new shrine maiden?"

Mirabel looked dumbfounded and didn't know how to answer. Then Shuiro came to look what was all the noice about. She was wearing her demon slayer outfit with apron. She had curious but kind of worried look on her face.

"Mirabel? What are you doing here?"

"Oh..So you know her?" asked Haruto.

"Yes I do..She is my tsugoko.."

"Oh..Really.."

Shuiro nodded and walked closer to Mirabel.

"Haruto..Can you look for soup for while..?"

"Sure..." said Haruto

Shuiro eyed Mirabel who looked didn't look back Shuiro.

"So..Why did you follow me?"

Mirabel stayed silent.

"Are we really doing this? Talk to me Mirabel..I am not mad anymore..." said Shuiro but still sounded like there were some bitterness in her voice

What Mirabel was really thinking was how good Shuiro was looking with her demon slayer outfit and apron.

"Okay...If you don't want to talk.." said Shuiro who raised her arms to admit defeat.

"Wait Shuiro! I am sorry I spaced out!"

Shuiro turned her head to Mirabel.She had cold stare in her eyes and it seemed like she was still hurt by what Mirabel had said to her about her job.

"Can we talk?" asked Mirabel carefully.

Shuiro sighed and then shotted her glare to Mirabel.

"Fine..But now I have go and make dinner to Gyomei's kids.."

Shuiro then walked away from Mirabel. Mirabel had never seen Shuiro this mad at her.It was first time and it really showed that Mirabel's words hurted her. Gyomei walked to Mirabel.

"I know what are you thinking..young Mirabel..How can someone so calm be angry to someone?..I had known Shuiro since she was first time in Demon Slayer Corps...Don't worry she will forgive you any time soon.."

"Yeah..I know Gyomei..But it doesn't feel like it.."

(Chapter 43📝📍)