Chapter 41 "Secrets"

After Mirabel had calmed down Shuiro offered her one bento box.

"You must be hungry right?..Here have one.." said Shuiro and also took one bento box for herself.

Mirabel looked Shuiro who eated her bento. Shuiro was quiet at that time and it made Mirabel worried. So she asked:

"Are you mad that I showed that side of me?"

"What?"

"Well..my angry side.."

Shuiro thinked about it and then sighed:

"You are allowed to show every side of yours what you want show...I don't mind..but..it's just that I am..very scared of it.."

"Oh...."

Shuiro had finished eating her and then looked at Mirabel who seemed like she had problems with chopsticks.

"Do you want me to feed you?" asked Shuiro and looked Mirabel.

"No! I got this!"

"Okay.."

There were small silent. And then Shuiro asked:

"There is a festival..coming up soon..Do want to go with me and the others..?"

"What kind of festival?"

"Summer festival..."

"That would be nice..."

Mirabel looked at Shuiro and asked:

"Shuiro..um..when is your birthday?"

"My birthday..Um..Well.."

Mirabel eyed Shuiro. It seemed like she didn't wanted to tell her. But still it was information that Mirabel wanted to know.

"If..it's okay Mirabel..I don't want to tell.." said Shuiro and walked away.

This made Mirabel sad. Why didn't she had a chance to know your birthday? It was surely a day that you would like to know right? And celebrate..

Senjuro walked in with a small smile.

"Sorry..about her..She doesn't usually celebrate her birthday..at all.."

"Why is that?"

"Well..The reason is maybe that..Shuiro's mother died...almost right after that..Maybe she feels guilty that her mother died because of her..and doesn't want to remember that day.."

"Oh..I see"

Mirabel had never met a person wouldn't have celebrate their birthday but in Shuiro's case it was understandable.

"Do you Senjuro..even know what month she has born?"

"Let's see..She said that she was born in July and is one year older than you.. I don't know what day but quite close when Tanjiro has his birthday.."

"Wait...Shuiro is one year older than me?!"

"You didn't know?"

"She..didn't tell me..I thought she was younger..than me.."

Senjuro looked Mirabel with this face.