Chapter 36 "That was a mistake you made, so live with it"

Shuiro's eyes wided. She was shocked and suprised by Obanai's words. Her gaze went to Mirabel who looked back at her.

"Is it true?"

Mirabel could only nod. She was still in shock about what her Abuela had done. Just to get Shuiro out of Encanto.

"What the hell is wrong with you?! I almost lost my head to Shin! And putting your grandaughter in danger like that! What is on your head?! If this all depends on me..I will leave..I can't do this anymore..Good luck for not to getting eaten by demons then.." said Shuiro and stood up.

Abuela looked at Shuiro with a satisfied smile then said:

"Don't ever come back then..But firstly you have to help us rebuild our houses again.."

Obanai looked at Abuela with disgust in his eyes. Shuiro was a second hashira who has an 'animal' in her title and which made Obanai feel that there was a someone who can relate to him. They didn't get along much but if either Shuiro or Obanai was hurt they wouldn't show any mercy for them. They were like 'rivals'.

"You are disgusting woman Abuela Alma..Don't you see how much that battle did to her..Well..no matter atleast Shuiro can come home now..where her real family is.."

Shuiro nodded to Obanai. She didn't notice what kind of face Mirabel had. Her face was full of regret and sadness.

"I will not help your comunity anymore Abuela Alma..Rebuild your village yourself..I am going to pack...my things and leave.."

Mirabel stood there and saw how you were leaving with Obanai and Mitsuri. She looked angrily at her Abuela and started to shout at her.

"Are you now satisfied?!"

"Mirabel..you will forget about her.."

"No..there is none else like her..And thanks to you..I will never become Hashira!I will never forget what you did to her and me.."

Mirabel walked away to Casita with tears in her eyes. She didn't believe that you were leaving your home and her behind.

"That should be all.." said Shuiro and gave last package to Goto who was Kakushi in Demon Slayer corps.

"You really don't have that much of stuff.."

"That is way too early to say Goto..I still have stuff in my blacksmith.."

"Right.."

Shuiro walked now destroyed house down stairs. She took her hammer and other things she used when she was doing something. Then her eyes went to Mirabel's swordhandler.

Right..I didn't even made her sword ready..What a shame..

"Shuiro? I have my things ready we can go.." said Senjuro.

"Oh..really?"

"Shuiro.."

"Let's go then Senjuro..I will gave my things to Kakushi and look for Blaze."

Shuiro looked at Blaze but didn't find him until she saw Blaze with Mirabel in a river where she was crying. Shuiro wanted confort her but she knew it would make things even more difficult about her leaving. Blaze noticed his owner and flied that way that Mirabel's didn't notice her. It hurted Shuiro to see Mirabel like that but what other choice she had? It only hurted to get along with her family and Shuiro knew that Mirabel's family was everything for her.

"Seems like the hardest thing to me is to make this choice my little miracle..I am sorry that I couldn't be strong enough and leaving you..But we will see eachother again..I promise.." said Shuiro and left with Blaze.

Shuiro's things were already packed and one last time she went to her father's grave.

"I am sorry dad..I am not the samurai you wanted me to be and I'm not the protector of Encanto that I thought I was..I don't know..if this is the right choice but..I hope you will happy for me.."

Shuiro smiled and and poured her father's grave his favorite sake.

"I see ya dad.." said Shuiro and left flowers also on his grave.

In the mean time Kakushis were little bit impatient with you and you finally arrieved.

"Where were you?! Do you know how long we waited?!"

"Calm down already! Shuiro here is a Hashira..Respect her.."

"Thanks Goto..But I am ready to go now.."

Shuiro looked one last time to citizens of Encanto. If other demons would attack she wouldn't been there to help. This city was so vunerable and easily located by demons. Shuiro thought about saying goodbyes to Madrigals but in the same time she was angry at them how things turned out. Leaving Mirabel was a different thing. Shuiro felt guilt and regret doing that the most sweetest person she had ever met but if Abuela was ready to go that far of her plans maybe it was for the better to keep Mirabel safe.

Senjuro who had saw how some of comunity members in Encanto came mock Shuiro when she was leaving.

"Hah! What a coward!"
"Yeah! Thinking that Abuela Alma would approve her.!"
"She was a outlander begin with.."
"Well..You know the saying 'being outlander always the outlander..'
"No wonder many Hashiras are men.."

The most ungreatful village I have ever met.. This is so stupid..But atleast I can go back to home..Mirabel..I am sorry..

Obanai who was walking with Shuiro glared at villagers and then asked Shuiro.

"Why did you stay such a place so long?"

"Because I thought I would change things here. Well..that was a mistake I made, so I have to live with it.."

Shuiro then took a Senjuro by hand and continued their journey to their home where none would judge them. Shuiro herself wasn't really fond saying goodbyes just because she knew it would only hurt people and herself.

Well..Finally Abuela Alma got what she wanted..I left Mirabel's swordhandler to my house with a note..I hope she will go there and look at it and maybe even come to visit..later..

"Shuiro-san..Are you okay?" asked Tanjiro.

"Yes..I am"

"Glad to hear that..Shuiro-san..um..How can I say this?"

"What is it Tanjiro?"

"Something about that..Mirabel's mother said about me and you being related..It has been on my mind recently..because it is true our scars are very similiar.."

"Yes that has been on my mind too..Maybe we find something in our old house..Something about Rengoku ancestors and relatives..Also it would good to look my mother's family book"

"So we will look for to it.."

Shuiro smiled. Maybe this journey to her birth country wasn't going to be that bad at all. And maybe it was better for Shuiro's mental health to get away from Abuela a little bit. But one thing was for sure. She was going to return to Mirabel even stronger so that even Abuela Alma couldn't stop her.

(Chapter 36 📍📝Picture by Pinterest)