Chapter 10 "For my mother"

Mirabel was confuse. How come you could see the demons? Did you lie about not having a gift? Why didn't you tell about Hashiras?

"Wait Jian!"
"Mirabel don't talk to her! These people only bring troubles to Encanto! Why don't they let Madrigals handle this?"

Jian sighed and saw Shinobu's face being complely done.

Let see..We have stuborn Madrigals..Whole city that we have to protect...Unless there is someone who is pretending to be human.. Trust issues..

"Shinobu..I don't know how we will gain their trust..And if the demons attack they don't know..how.."

"Calm down..We know the way..Oh..there you go.." said Shinobu and gave you money.

"You are the samurai right? We have to pay if we want you do something.."

"Right.."

They noticed how Madrigals were still hesitant about these "outlanders" Abuela had very angry experission..And a attack that happend to Mirabel was still little scary topic in Encanto. Abuela was whispering something to her family.

"For..god sake...Mrs.Madrigal..I know you can't trust us but..being..this situation is really serious."

Jian looked seriously at Madrigals.

"I..can teach..you how to..held katana..just for.."

"No!"

"What!?"

Jian was so annoyed at this point. She just wanted to make sure they were safe. Specially Mirabel. Eventhough Madrigals had gifts they didn't know what demons were capable of. Shinobu decided to try speak with Madrigals again. She noticed your frustration and signaled you to leave.

"That's it! Mirabel follow me!" said Jian and took Mirabel's hand

Mirabel followed Jian to forest. She was suprised your actions but 

"I know you don't have gift..That's why is important to know how to cut demons head..."

"Are you angry to my family?"

"They don't think straight! What about your family members who doesn't have gifts like your father and uncle? Bruno knows the future but don't know how to defend himself! I am worried..What if they...end up like being in same situation like you Mirabel..? Or worse? I can't stand that..I promised myself..not give any human lives anymore...to demons.."

Mirabel looked you worriedly.It was going to be difficult for Encanto and for anyone.

"Then teach me.How I can defend my family?"

Jian nodded.

"We have to go my house first and change your outfit..Don't get me wrong your outfit is great but it isn't suitable for slaying demons..Hmm.. you can get my former outfit.."

Mirabel blushed a little. That was because you said her outfit was great.

"Let's go then."

After changing Mirabel's outfit. Jian lead her to her training grounds.

"First..Let's test your..ablity to react."

Mirabel didn't even get a chance to say anything when bamboo was charging on to her. She dodged it but her balance was bad. Jian noticed it and then suddenly another bamboo stick came.

"Could you atleast warn me first!?"

Jian just shrugged her shoulders. When bamboos stopped charging at Mirabel she satted down being tired.

"That was.."
"Don't even say it! I know I suck!"
"I wouldn't say that..Your dodging is good..but I can't same about your balance.."
"Really?"
"You kind of remind of me..When I first tried bamboo dodging...I was all over the place..and my father shouted me a lot.." said Jian who smiled a little about remembering her late father.

Suddenly Jian took a picture from her pocket..Where were whole family of Rengoku's.

"Is that your mother?" asked Mirabel
Jian's mother had beautiful brown hair and same eyebrowns as Jian.

"Yeah..That's my mother..This picture had been taken after I was born. Kyojuro was born already..As you can see I did inherit kind of same hair as my father and uncle but color is little bit different..My mother was alive for a little while after I was born but she fell in some kind of sickness and passed away. Sometimes I wished to go..back..in time and ask my mother..is she proud of me? Or are these choices I make good enough..? Most of time I fight for my parents..eventhough they are not with me anymore..."

Mirabel never thought about that. She knew that her mother was proud of her already but..you didn't even know your mother or you didn't even met her before...You did loose your parents very early..Luckily you had Senjuro but Mirabel wanted be part of your family too..

"Is that Kyojuro?"
"Yeah..That's him.."
"Who is that?"
"That is Kyojuro's and Senjuro's mother."

After a little while Jian stood up and looked Mirabel.

"Let's train with a wooden sword first." said Jian and gave a wooden sword to Mirabel.

"Don't worry..Let me show you..how you can cut that bamboo stick." said Jian and took her sword out.

And like a flash she cut it. Mirabel's eyes wided.

So fast...I didn't even blink..You worked hard..Maybe even harder than Madrigals..Or even me..

"Mirabel? Are you ready?"
"What?" asked Mirabel woke up from her trance.
"Are you scared?"
"No...I am..Just.." Mirabel's hands were shaking and her hands were sweaty.
"Okay..Let me help then.."

Jian walked behind Mirabel and putted her hands on Mirabel's.

"Firstly..You need to calm down..And breath.."

How can I breath when you are so close to me?

"Take breath in and slice it."

Mirabel finally realised her sword.

"Hm..Not..bad..Not bad at all.." said Jian and rubbed her chin

Mirabel on the other hand was flushed and sweating. The only thought about you helding her hands and being close to her made her feel things that she had never felt before. She then took glance at you and noticed some bird on your hand.

"Demons! DEMONS..Attacking..Shinobu, Giyu and Tengen..Need your help! They are attacking on..big house! Big mooving house!"

Terrified expression came to Jian's and Mirabel's face. Mirabel decided run but was stopped by Jian.

"Wait. I don't think you can fight with that..Here..use this.. Remember to return it..I think you are not ready for facing but I don't think you would stay here... We can train more..later. Just stay close to me and the Hashiras when you see them. " said Jian and gave one katana to Mirabel.

Jian then runned with Mirabel.

(Chapter 10📍📝 Picture from Pinterest)