Chapter 37 "Walk the path which feels right"

Shuiro arrived to her old house or rather the house where she and Senjuro had spended their childhood. Everything was a little dusty. The house was now under Demon Slayer Corps so Shuiro didn't have to worry about loosing the house.

"So..Are we going to look for those books?"

"Yes..That would be helpful.."

Senjuro and Shuiro looked the book about Rengoku's. Tanjiro also joined to them.

"You have really wide family tree Shuiro.."
"Yeah..I am suprised also..Unfortunately only me and Senjuro are alive.."

Then they saw something what was shocking and suprising.

"Shuiro...Your family tree doesn't mention anything about your mother..or what is her name or last name.."

"How can that be?"

"I don't know..This is going to be harder than expected..But we can look this another time..Now is important to focuse on resting because all of us had hard time with Shin."

"That's true..Um..Shuiro-san what about sword?"

"Luckily this time it's okay..Little bit rusty but I can fix it.."

"Good..I don't want to imagine what Haganezuka would do if your just new sword would be broken.."

"Oh..yeah..I have memories about that.."

"Did he chase you until sunrise?"

"Yeah.."

In the mean time Mirabel felt conflicted about your leaving and her grandmother. She was angry for sure. Both you and Abuela. Maybe it was because you didn't say goodbyes or left anything. Only your destroyed house. Mirabel then again walked in. Just then she saw her broken swordhandler.

Why did you left it here?

Then she noticed the note.

"Hi Mirabel..If you are reading this it would mean that I am already in my hometown. I am sorry about everything..What I have put you through..I am just so bad at saying goodbyes..Sorry if I left you alone like that..I am thinking that..it's for the best you to stay with your family..but remember this..never let anyone to control your life..Walk the path which feels right..and you don't have to take same path as me.Of course if that's it what you want..then go for it. I am now going find out about my ancestors and what is that scar is to me..Be careful there..and take care of yourself.."

Shuiro Rengoku

Mirabel felt her tears coming down from her cheeks. All of what had happen to Shuiro it was wrong for citizens to treat her like that. Of course Shuiro had destroyed houses but it was all for Encanto. Mirabel then walked out of the Shuiro's house and went to eat with her family.

"Mirabel..Can I get a cream? We have to talk about your new marrige partner.."

Mirabel looked furiously at Abuela. She knew that there was no use to talking to her or even argue with her. Then she made her decision.

"Mirabel! Do you even listen me?! What's wrong?! Are you still thinking of that samurai?"

"You are seriously the worst Abuela.."

"Don't talk to me like that! I just did what is best for Encanto!"

"And now we don't even have hashira here! What if those demons attack again?! What then?! We all loose our lives!"

"It's over already Mirabel! There won't be another attack!"

"How do you know?! There were demon army and two different Uppermoons! And that plan of yours! Getting married with a demon! You knew that Shin was a demon begin with and what did you do?! Forcing me to get married to him! Do you even know that demons are eating humans? Probably not! Because you thought that putting your own grandaughter in danger like that was probably best idea you ever had!"

Mirabel then breath it in and out. She was out of her breath and still had angry experission on her face.

"Huoh..Well..it doesn't matter anymore what you think..I am not staying here Abuela.."

"What?! Where you think you are going you giftless girl!? You should atleast be usefull so you can give more magical gifted kids! Not running around like that!"

Mirabel then sighed and then turned around.

"I am going to go where Shuiro is. She will train me and then I will go to Final Selection and join to Demon Slayer Corps."

This shocked everyone and Mirabel's sisters were confused at first. They were scared what was going to happen Mirabel but if this is what she had chosen then so be it.

"It's the path I had choosed and it's feels right..So you can't stop me for going at it..AND..if you are putting stupid gender role for girl not able to be a Demon slayer again..I don't see you as a grandmother anymore.. For the first time in my life I am choosing what is best for me..And that is to stay Shuiro's side and being part of her family too.."

Abuela looked her second youngest grandchild with annoyed experission on her face.

"Well..I found you a man already so..you have to listen to me! You don't need dreams or hopes.. He is going to marry you no matter what!"

To other Madrigals this scene was getting out of hand. They were still little bit hesitant to say back at her but seeing how much Mirabel fought what was right they started also getting a little brave.

"Abuela..You have to stop this already. There is no use. Mirabel is already adult and she can choose what is best for her." said Isabela.

"Yes..She is right mama..Enough of this..You have always been too hard on Mirabel..I am not letting my daughter to marry someone who she is not happy with...If she wants to see Shuiro again then let her."

"I don't acept this! I am Abuela Alma! The founder of Encanto! My word is final.Mirabel will marry this man who I have chosen to her.If you have anything against it.."

"Then what mama?! You are putting a whole comunity against us?! Your own children or even your grandchildren? You did this to Bruno already! We don't want to do that ever again!" said Pepa.

Abuela stood up and then said:

"We don't talk about this anymore. Tomorrow Mirabel's new fiance will come to visit. So let's be the perfect Madrigal family what comunity always looks up for."

Mirabel didn't believe it. Was she really forced to get married someone who she didn't even know?

Walk the path which feels right..

Shuiro's letter's words were ringing in her head. She knew and her other family members knew that this wasn't a path she was suppose to take and it was wrong for her.

(Chapter 37📍📝)