32 - spilling the dreams

Within William's office, I sat in William's chair, waiting for someone, anyone, to enter the room, needing something to vent to. To let out my issues with men. Preferably William, but he was busy, and I would rather him die again. My stress levels rose when I watched him get into that metal death trap. The sharp grasp of death was just a bad intake of air, a twitch, or a dodge movement that snapped into place. It was probably not that sensitive and would take a bit of effort to set them off, but it didn't settle the anxiety that bubbled in my stomach and set off a lot of alarm bells in my head.

When William entered the office completely fine, that was the moment I realised I had been worried for an hour and a half. I jumped up and pounced on him, wrapping my arms around him and pressing my face against his chest. I held him close, so fucking happy that he was fine and had returned. I couldn't help the stress and needed physical validation to believe he was alive and well. I saw him, but I started to see things that weren't making sense, so being able to hold him was all I needed. He was close to me without a scratch on him.

"I meant what I said yesterday morning."

"I meant what I said yesterday in the car."

"Okay, jeez." I rolled my eyes, pushed away from him, and crossed my arms. "I wasn't worried or anything; I wanted a hug."

"You are really bad at hiding it."

"So are you." I poked his chest, glaring at him with pride. I would never care about someone as inconsiderate as William, honestly. You showed care for a guy, and they treat you like sh*t. I swear, men just get bored so easily.

"You are insufferable."

"I had your lady in my bed." I chuckled.

"And you both haven't killed each other? Call me surprised; you both can get along."

"Haha, just because we aren't friends doesn't mean we can't bitch about you. "It turns out she's pregnant; congratulations." I sat on his desk, giving his seat back to him. "Though you're not too pleased with that."

"Did she really tell you why she ditched me?"

"Damn, she ditched you for me." I laughed. "Gotta love the woman. She has her moments, but she's still deeply in love with you. Shame, I'd give her more pleasure than you could ever."

"She was running her mouth in the car because I didn't respond to what she wanted and expected date night to make things better. I've relived this situation so many times that I can't react. It's more of the game, when will it happen?"

"Just don't have sex."

"I went through the best to the worst loops. Plus, dead sex life."

"That's not good; you're not even married yet, and you're already having problems."

"It's not a problem."

"Clare got into my head with her love talk." I rolled my eyes. I was so fucking tired of the word.

"You think you are in love with something?" William laughed. "You never loved before; what makes you capable of love?"

"I'm capable," she said. If I have never been in love, how come I am afraid of it? I'm not afraid of it, but it really stuck with me, and it's been annoying me. Especially after the dream I had."

"If her words make sense, then you both are delusional. Her words aren't meant to make sense. She is an average person who attaches no significant importance to anything. She's one of those people who blends into the crowd. She's just beautiful with too much love, and I love her because of how she is."

"She is not the original one you loved in your first life."

"My first is long gone. If she enters the loops again, she'll end up not being the same, so it won't be her. Not her completely. I wanted to see if changing things about my life would change future loops, and look where I am now. I don't want to talk about it."